Stream Trail to Redwood Peak and West Ridge Trail

Stream Trail to Redwood Peak and West Ridge Trail is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail loop in Redwood regional park starting at Canyon Creek Staging Area

Great opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of floors and fauna.

Came with a group of 8. Parking fee is needed for this regional park. They do have plenty of parking and some bathrooms. I thought it was a beautiful trail with some very steep parts. Not sure I would consider this an ‘easy’ trail but more towards the high end of easy to moderate. Loved the beautiful trees surrounding the trails. Most of the trail is pretty wide but watch out for mountain bikers as they will go downhill pretty fast. It’s a very popular trail and people going on this trail are pretty friendly. I would come back again!

A fairly moderate trail-loop with some inclines that are manageable with regular comfortable walking shoes. It was a particularly warm day so the 6+ miles seems rather long. Overall, a nice trail, super easy to follow when you don't want to do too much planning or looking out for trail name sign posts!

I loved this hike and all it had to offer but, and one major BUT, it’s definitely not easy. The beginning is like a brisk walk in the park but the last half was literally like walking up 100 flights of stairs only to have to slide down half on my butt on the way back. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fit person and I love a good challenging hike, but I brought my family along and it’s didn’t exactly lend itself to a nice, peaceful, family style hike.

If you’re in for a good workout, this one is for you. Other than that, turn around at the spilt into redwood peak and call it a day!

Great hike, but I disagree on it being “easy” as there is a steep section up followed by a fairly steep, rocky section down. I’m a fit person and enjoyed it, but brought a friend along that struggled. To me, this trail isn’t friendly for all skill levels. We were looking for something long and shaded so we could chat and catchup and it ended up being more “moderate” than I was hoping. I should have paid closer attention to the elevation/climb as I think that’s a better indication of needed skill after using this app over the past year.

All in all, I love Redwood Regional Park and all it has to offer... I’ll just need to be more selective about the trails and people I bring with me next time.

It's a nice trail for beginners, lots of redwood. Glad I got to see ladybugs gathered in several locations in the park.

Trail was awesome! Majority of it is totally shaded so if you go on a hot day you will be fine! I didn't hike the complete loop because when I got to the end of the Stream trail (2.6 miles) I didn't realize to loop back around you had to take the West Ridge trail on the way back but I'll know for next time. Brought the pup and he loved it as well!

Monday, July 24, 2017

Comfortable hike, easy to navigate, few steep areas. Recommend stepping off main trail for best views.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

This trail is in a redwood forest. It was mostly shaded and cool even in the middle of August. Some part of the trail was steep but general was easy. We started at the Redwood Bowl Staging area parking lot. We followed the West Ridge Trail, Redwood Peak Trail, then the Stream Trail. We then climbed up to the Mill Trail, French Trail, the Madrone Trail and finally back to the West Ridge Trail for a total distance of 6 miles and 1106 ft elevation.

Monday, May 30, 2016

A beautiful walk. I did it counterclockwise and there was one tough (steep) up section. Beautiful light through the trees. Not too crowded especially after going up. Don't miss the cute little Redwood Peak outcropping of rocks.

Friday, March 25, 2016