Strawberry Rock Trail

Strawberry Rock Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trinidad, California that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

Fun trail, short and sweet!

A gem!!

Great hike! Became a little unsure when the trail turned into a road, but the locals or other hikers helped us out with some arrows pointing us in the right direction! The climbing rope was also a big help. Fog prevented us from seeing the coastline, but it was still beautiful up there.

Fun hike! Pretty cool scramble to the top as well. I saw 2 mountain lion #2’s on trail, which is a little unnerving.

Not the most exciting trail, but an epic view at the top. Great view of the redwoods and ocean together. Doesn’t take long at all to get up too.

Amazing view at the top!

The view is worth the muddy narrow trail. Although now that the Trinidad Coastal Land Trust is looking to get oversight, the trail will be able to be cleared and widened nicely. Users seem to keep trail and landscape clean of trash. Thank you to those who maintain ropes on the rock.

Beautiful mix of scenery - redwoods, aspen, rock formations. At times the trail is incredibly narrow with foliage on both sides. The end has a rock climb with rope assist, so our dog and one friend had to stop before the real view.

Beautiful view of coastline! Not over crowded either.

Well worth it! Beautiful⛰

it's the best.

Feeling homesick and missing this place. This is a fun hike with an amazing view at the end! You have to breathe it all in!

The trail can get muddy and you have to scale the rock with a rope when you get there so kids and dogs are not the best to bring along but the views are AMAZING and it’s a Humboldt must see!

The natural Springs seep through the trail climbing upward all year. Obviously during our "rainy season" much muddier! This winding hike upward is beautiful and a Mission Bell Blue Butterfly fluttered up the path with me. This is an endangered butterlfy. I am delighted. The Labyrinth is newish and LOVE it. I'm in love with the top of strawberry rock! Beautiful . Now that the land is no longer with the lumber company it is protected an soon trailwork an clean up. This place is special to us all.

One of my favorite hikes. Absolutely magical to watch the sunset here! In the early Spring can be extremely muddy.

My Husband and I went to go hiking when we saw a no trespassing sign so we left not a fan so disappointed.

Incredible unmatched view at the top

I love this trail. It's all up hill on the way in. It's usually very muddy. I think there's still tree sitters of you keep your eyes peeled. I always see a lot of people. the view is incredible though.

Excellent trail! Can be a little muddy and slippery but it’s got an unbeatable view at the highest point.

Enjoyed the super quiet walk through the forest. Delighted in the labyrinth. Loved the view at the top!

Great hike! Love the forest and the rock climb to the top.

Great hike, very few people and had a great view at the end.

Did this hike solo and early in the morning. It was tricky for an amateur hiker at the very top as you have to climb a rope and have some kind of ability to scramble up a rock. It was well worth it though, even though the fog mostly hid the coastline. I would love to come back on a clear day. I'll definitely do this hike again. I would not advise bringing dogs or small kids that must be carried in a pack due to the relatively tricky climb at the very top.

One of my favorite hikes!

Saturday, August 05, 2017

View from the rock is spectacular! Was able to take the dog up top with a harness.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Lots of fun! Once you get to the rock there's a little scramble/ climb to get all the way up but the view is gorgeous. Nice for a little picnic. The dog probably won't make it all the way on the rock.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Trash piled at TH and scattered on side of trail. Invasive plant species throughout. Gravel quarry-like section. Won't do this one again.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Lots of fun, can be a little muddy and not that great for dogs. Little bit of a scramble up the rock face to get to the top but beautiful view!

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Very muddy! But the kids loved it and the view was worth it!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

This a bit of a mud trap this January. We took the 3 kids ages 9, 11, and 14 and they loved it. We were able to navigate the back of the rock and found a good landing spot that didn't require us to use the climbing rope. We didn't get to the very top of the rock, but still had an amazing view of the mountains AND the ocean.

On another note, yes it is private property owned by a responsible company that invests in the logging industry. I hope that anyone who chooses to take in their generosity in allowing us to reap the benefits of the beauty they own is responsible enough to not do any harm to their property. Next time we agreed to bring a bag for garbage to help out.