Strawberry Rock Trail

Strawberry Rock Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Trinidad, California that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

Lots of fun! Once you get to the rock there's a little scramble/ climb to get all the way up but the view is gorgeous. Nice for a little picnic. The dog probably won't make it all the way on the rock.

Trash piled at TH and scattered on side of trail. Invasive plant species throughout. Gravel quarry-like section. Won't do this one again.

Lots of fun, can be a little muddy and not that great for dogs. Little bit of a scramble up the rock face to get to the top but beautiful view!

Very muddy! But the kids loved it and the view was worth it!

This a bit of a mud trap this January. We took the 3 kids ages 9, 11, and 14 and they loved it. We were able to navigate the back of the rock and found a good landing spot that didn't require us to use the climbing rope. We didn't get to the very top of the rock, but still had an amazing view of the mountains AND the ocean.

On another note, yes it is private property owned by a responsible company that invests in the logging industry. I hope that anyone who chooses to take in their generosity in allowing us to reap the benefits of the beauty they own is responsible enough to not do any harm to their property. Next time we agreed to bring a bag for garbage to help out.

Hard to find at first. Come off the Trinidad off ramp and drive straight until you get there. Uphill, beautiful trail, prepare to get muddy. No one tells you that you have to climb a rope to get to the top, but once you're on top, it's the best view in Humboldt.

Looked all over and finally found what seems to be the TH. There were a couple of other cars there. After I got down a little ways it gated though easily passed and was signed NO TRESPASSING. Apparently it's owned by a local lumber company. As I searched around there was someone living off a little spur there as well. I chose to obey the signs and turned around. A waste of time for me... but I hiked all day on other trails in the area!

Muddy muddy muddy. The rope is sturdy and the view is nice once you're at the top. Otherwise the rest of the trail is just ok