Strawberry Peak Trail via Redbox Canyon

Strawberry Peak Trail via Redbox Canyon is a 7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Wilson, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing trail! Great views, thought last mile

Stunning views. The hike is easy up through the last couple of miles and then it’s very challenging. Narrow trail, lots of boulders to navigate, yucca that will poke your legs. I highly recommend a sun hat, pants and hiking poles. I used the AllTrails app and downloaded the map prior to the hike. There is no reception at the start of the hike. I put my phone in airplane mode and used the downloaded AllTrails map to ensure I stayed on the trail. I went through 3 liters of water and still ran out. There is water at the starting point.

We took strawberry trail to the strawberry meadows and Colby canyon junction. On our way back we hiked up strawberry peak. It's a tough climb, steep and lots of yucca. The views are incredible.

It was not hard trail and nice view

Beautiful views. Saw a rattlesnake on the trail today (6/3/17) about fifth of the way up.

gruelling

a much easier way up Strawberry Peak

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Hiked the peak from Red Box with our Boy Scout troop. Hike to the saddle west of Lawlor is relatively easy, but that's when the fun starts. Trail climbs significantly during the last mile, and there are lots of yucca plants ready to poke your legs at every turn. Definitely bring a lunch! We went on an overcast day, so couldn't enjoy the views. Hiking staff recommended.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Did the peak from Red Box Ranger Station. Came in at 7.5 miles up and back. Nice hike. Not a great trail, but very good views once you reach the ridge. Views from the peak arent as good as when going up, but there's lots of room for a picnic (or a nap as some other hikers were doing). :)
Minor scrambling coming up this way. I met a couple of hikers who came up the difficult side, and they were spooked enough to take the long way back in order to avoid going back down the same way.

Monday, November 23, 2015

hiked to strawberry pick true
Jjosephine road ,

hiked to strawberry pick true Josephine road.nice.love it .

Friday, July 10, 2015

Hiked to the top of Josephine Peak Road. There were a lot of bikers riding and walking up. If you go in the middle of the day, don't expect to have much shade, so stop under a tree when you can. This is a dirt road that goes to the top of Josephine Peak. It is a several hour hike up the trail. I made it in about 3 hours, up all the way. Most of the bikers stop where it meets the Strawberry Peak trail (34.282407, -118.142291). I kept going. Found a nice camping spot just past there (34.286880, -118.151218). At the top you'll find a locked service building with solar panels and radio equipment. I enjoyed the trip up, but I would have loved a bike to go down.