Strawberry Peak Loop Trail

Strawberry Peak Loop Trail is a 11 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mt Wilson, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I agree with the previous reviewer. DO NOT descend the peak from the west side unless you're extremely experienced (I've been hiking for 7 years and I wouldn't do it). I recommend taking the route at ModernHiker.com, which begins at Colby Canyon. I took it yesterday, however, I started too late in the day and had to cut my hike short after hitting the summit. I went to Red Box instead of continuing the full loop back to Colby Canyon. I then hitched a ride to Colby from Red Box. If you're doing this on a hot day, bring a lot of water (at least 3 liters) and begin before noon. Most of the hike has little to no shade.

Do NOT try to do the loop starting from the Red Box Ranger Station. If starting at Red Box just go to the summit and turn around, a short and lovely hike. If you try to keep going, you will end up on a scary unmarked and dangerous decent with VERY unstable rocks. If you want some class 3 climbing, start the other way (from Colby canyon) and climb UP, with helmet, a really good first aid kit, satellite phone and some rope.

Please don't try to take the loop as marked on this app. I've had two people I know now, on separate occasions, get seriously hurt. It's not worth the hospital bills.

Hiked the peak from Red Box with our Boy Scout troop. Hike to the saddle west of Lawlor is relatively easy, but that's when the fun starts. Trail climbs significantly during the last mile, and there are lots of yucca plants ready to poke your legs at every turn. Definitely bring a lunch! We went on an overcast day, so couldn't enjoy the views. Hiking staff recommended.

Did the peak from Red Box Ranger Station. Came in at 7.5 miles up and back. Nice hike. Not a great trail, but very good views once you reach the ridge. Views from the peak arent as good as when going up, but there's lots of room for a picnic (or a nap as some other hikers were doing). :)
Minor scrambling coming up this way. I met a couple of hikers who came up the difficult side, and they were spooked enough to take the long way back in order to avoid going back down the same way.

hiked to strawberry pick true
Jjosephine road ,

hiked to strawberry pick true Josephine road.nice.love it .

Hiked to the top of Josephine Peak Road. There were a lot of bikers riding and walking up. If you go in the middle of the day, don't expect to have much shade, so stop under a tree when you can. This is a dirt road that goes to the top of Josephine Peak. It is a several hour hike up the trail. I made it in about 3 hours, up all the way. Most of the bikers stop where it meets the Strawberry Peak trail (34.282407, -118.142291). I kept going. Found a nice camping spot just past there (34.286880, -118.151218). At the top you'll find a locked service building with solar panels and radio equipment. I enjoyed the trip up, but I would have loved a bike to go down.