Strawberry Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

The fish are fairly small in all the lakes except Coyote Lake. The smaller lakes freeze solid in the winter and have to be restocked every year. Apparently, Coyote Lake is deep enough that some fish survive the winter. Trail conditions can change without notice.

off road driving

Really enjoyed this trail. Large boulders and required a spotter in a few places. Had to engage the front locker a couple times to make it a bit easier in a 80 series Land Cruiser with a 2 inch lift and 35" tires. The reward at the end is a nice small campground right next to Strawberry Lake. There is a pit toilet and fire ring. You will need ground clearance as my sliders and undercarriage armor scraped on a couple spots. Not a dangerous trail, but a stock vehicle will likely end up with a scar or two attempting.

great trail very technical

allot of big boulders

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wife and I drove our almost new, stock Polaris RZR into Strawberry Lake after failing to negotiate the large rock fields on the way to Coyote Lake. On the way in I could not resist spinning a donut in Sand Flat. The trail turns from banked sand to rocks shortly after Sand Flat. The rocky sections were easily negotiated without a spotter. Upon arrival Strawberry Lake was pristine and the camping areas were clean also. The trail is rated "Easy" but would have felt more comfortable driving my Jeep.. I will admit that I don't have much rock crawling experience in a RZR and I kissed a trailing arm lightly going out but otherwise no problems. Total time was about 3 hours in and out which includes an hour break for lunch and photos.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

The trail is fairly easy. Just pretty rocky. There are some good size boulders that require you to need some ground clearance. I did the trail in my 01 Silverado z71. I have a 6" suspension 3" body lift with 37s and went solo with no spotter, but I also do have rock crawling experience.

The trail gets pretty tight. I had to make a couple 3 point turns to get around obstacles, and a few tree I had to fold in my mirrors to squeeze between. The lake itself is amazing. Nice clean, and warm water. Definitely going back

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Nice run!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great trail + camping, trail is only open June-Oct though.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Great trail. Will be doing it again soon. Weather was not good on the first day so the trip ended at west lake, but I will do the full trail next time.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Strawberry is a good trail moderate expect to hit stock but 35s makes it a cake!!!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

I did both in my jeep. it is modified and I had a good spotter with me. great trail and nice lakes.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I ran Strawberry lake alone. I have a highly modified 2nd generation 4runner. It is not easy and should be ranked 6/10 but has no especially difficult or dangerous sections. Should be categorized as very rocky. Walked to the bottom of Mirror lake. It should be only attempted alone by specialty or extremely modified vehicle with experienced drivers but pairs are really the only sensible way to go, with good spotters. Rated 9/10 however trail is very short so doable in any vehicle with a winch and good clearance. Does present significant danger for the inexperienced. Should be described as low traction rock crawling with off camber.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Did the trail to Strawberry Lake. Up there it's rated easy, but its actually fairly difficult. I ran it stock with a group with a good spotter. The more ground clearance the better, but you can make it if you're careful. I wouldn't suggest running it alone, but there's enough traffic that you'd be able to get help.

Monday, July 20, 2015