Stow Lake Trail

Stow Lake Trail is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Francisco, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

The Stow Lake Loop offers a pleasant stroll around a beautiful lake. A popular spot for joggers and bird watchers. Explore The island and walk past Hunington Falls

I love this place, the lake is down in a canyon, so the wind doesn’t affect you too much..

Too many joggers for me if you want a nice leisurely stroll enjoying the scenery. Two times now when I have went to enjoy walking my dogs, a track team called West Valley Track has been sprinting around the inner lake trail with several groups of runners nearly knocking us iff the trail several times. It was highly annoying since they are running at full speed in groups of 10 or more and doing several laps. When I inquired with the coach about why he has so many grouos running at the same time kicking up a lot of dust and nearly running us over every few minutes he just shrugged me if. So what was once a nice walk has now turned into a must avoid unfortunately.

Great for running!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Yes, wonderful morning hike/run. But I want to comment that the precise distance of the trail loop is 1.017 miles. 5370 feet. I have measured that several times with a 3 foot diameter rolling wheel. That is staying within a foot or two of the shortest distance around the curves. As a runner, I'm interested in precise distances to get an accurate view of distance covered.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Great daily run

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Stow lake is a lovely walk. You can rent paddle boats or sit on numerous benches to watch the lakes. Also, in the spring great blue herons nest in the trees on the west side of the lake - check it out!

Friday, August 07, 2015

I've walked countless times here. And have taken countless boat tours. Always enjoyable. A nice easy hike up Strawberry Hill for nice views of the Richmond and Sunset Districts.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It was very peaceful along the lake. We saw squirrels, geese, turtles. Bridges and waterfalls. A little log shack with food to enjoy. Easy walk even with bad knee.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Nice walk around the lake. Paved path and very little grade.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Great place to see birds, ducks, turtles, geese, etc... :)

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nice easy walk around Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park. Pleasant with families enjoying the park.