Stoney Gultch Trailhead to Mule Mountain Summit

Stoney Gultch Trailhead to Mule Mountain Summit is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Igo, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail with some great views. Too bad some bicyclists think they own the trail. Most of the trail is a narrow single track. On the steep portion toward the top a bicyclist came out of nowhere and I had to jump off the trail in fear for my safety. I yelled to my wife and child behind me to get off the trail since they were around a blind corner. The guy only sped up with an obvious disregard for the safety of hikers on the trail. Next time it happens I intend to take a defensive posture and stand my ground. There might be a collision but at least I will protect my family. They shouldn't let bikers on the trail if this is the way they are going to act.