Stoddard Peak Trail

Stoddard Peak Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

I love this trail. I frequent it often when i need a good quick hike.

I am a beginning hiker and this hike was a great introduction to hiking. I tried to start the day with Devils Backbone and realized I was clearly not ready a couple miles in and settled on Stoddard Peak instead.

The inclines can be a bit much, but luckily the trail flattens out a couple times. Towards the middle there is a nice break, and towards the end it is all smooth sailing to the peak. I didn't make it to the peak itself because I didn't see the trail to it, but I will say it is BEFORE the American flag that someone planted on the mountain.

Overall, great hike. Just be weary of the bugs if you're going in the summer months as they will ruin the hike for you and make you look like a flailing idiot for 75% or more of the hike.

beautiful hike just horrible that people have left so much trash and graffiti behind ☹️