Stinson Beach and Muir Woods Loop

Stinson Beach and Muir Woods Loop is a 12.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stinson Beach, California that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 12.9 miles Elevation Gain: 3,031 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

It was a good hike and quite difficult at the last 3-4 miles (because of the length, I’m training to get better). The distance may be off a little bit, I logged 14.5 miles. I like the views: high up above the clouds, small canyon, redwood forest, trees with moss... I really liked Muir wood, great trees to see and you get the ability to refill or buy what you need half way at the visitors center & restaurants. However, it’s a little bit too crowded for a mile or so.

Had a blast on this trail! We started around 7am and went all the way to Stinson Beach and back! It was definitely a long hike around 10-12 miles but well worth the trek! Very foggy and was even raining while we were under the trees! If you guys want a visual experience of this hike check out MossHikes on YouTube we recorded our journey for others to enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-GK13DnsWU&t=3s

Sunday, May 27, 2018