Stevens Trail East

Stevens Trail East is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Colfax, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The trailhead is to the right/behind the Iowa Hill Store.

it's a good hike, but when I went 3/12/2017 the trail was in need of some upkeep. lots of limbs over the path and overgrown plants. in some places the trail looked like it was about to wash away in the next storm. Came with my dog and we left with about 8 ticks...that I've found so far anyway. However, there were some very pretty waterfalls and vistas. the river was also on point, beautiful azure​ and high flow. was nice to dip my feet in before heading back to the trailhead. I'm not a quick hiker and I did this trail in about 3 hours and I did not see a single soul in or out, and this was a Sunday.

Beautiful views! Loved the wonderful waterfalls

The trail is located behind the Iowa bar and grill! We passed it a few times due to no gps service and arrived to late to hike the full trail but locals are super friendly and helpful and the trail was beautiful! Keep in mind it's pretty steep going down and a little snow along the way also it gets pretty dense along the way :D

Wow! I've done the other side of Steven's Trail close to 15 times, but never this side. Such a blast, crazy beautiful, lots of waterfalls, dog friendly. I was the only one on the trail. The road getting there is pretty sketchy so watch out and drive slow. Penny the trail dog will follow you the whole time :)

WARNING!! Do not attempt this trail if it's 100 degrees out and you don't have water and snacks. It's a great hike, absolutely beautiful scenery but if you're not prepared you'll regret your choice. Oh and watch out for rattlesnakes!

Amazing hike with a swimming hole reward at the base. At the top of the hike there is a tiny little town called Iowa Hill with an old store. Super dog friendly!

it is a fantastic trail for humans and dogs.

Went on a day when it was 105*. The trail is not too steep. We arrived at the river and swam for a while before heading up hill around 1:00. We arrived back at the car in about the same time it took to get down.