Stelzer Park Loop Trail

Stelzer Park Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stelzer Park includes 310 acres of oak woodland and coastal sage scrub. Birdwatching, hiking and picnicking are all available here, as are playgrounds, a horseshoe pit and barbeques

Hiked to the top of the steep peak here and it was great! The rangers here are incredibly nice and offered me and my friends water since they didn't see our camelbaks. Love it and would do it over and over if I could handle the steep hill everyday.

This has some beautiful views and flowers! The only downside is the freeway...it's close enough to hear while going along the trail.

Gained some altitude to get above the morning fog (marine layer).

I had a lot of fun, it was all uphill until coming back down so lots of cardio for us since we were jogging. It got really steep so be careful I fell twice lol. The view from the top of the mountain is beautiful!

Not very long trail, but very fun. Last part of the summit is steep, but more than worth the view from the top. Great panoramic with a cool cove between some boulders at the top. The park is is very clean and lots of things to do at the base and benches along the way. It's all clearly marked. REMEMBER to bring $3 for day use /parking fee.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Easy walk with some shade by the creek otherwise your in the open.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

You don't want to go alone to hike. But, the trails were great, the view is spectacular. The park itself it so cute. There are two jungle gyms. Bathrooms with running water. Shade, lots of trees.... Until you go hiking. Then bring lots of water. I will certainly go back. PS, it was 93 degrees, so not the best on a hot day, but we survived and bought water there.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Short, beautiful and still gets a good work out in with the steep hill at the end.

Friday, March 11, 2016

I've hiked this trail 2 or 3 times. It's a very pleasant hike,but it's to short. that's my only complaint. it's a great place for picnics and has a playground for kids. I do recommend and it's very pleasant. my 3 stars are because it's short.I suggest you read Afoot and Afield is a book about trails in San Diego.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Beautiful trail! Took my kids and dogs and really enjoyed the morning