Stelzer Park Loop Trail

Stelzer Park Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stelzer Park includes 310 acres of oak woodland and coastal sage scrub. Birdwatching, hiking and picnicking are all available here, as are playgrounds, a horseshoe pit and barbeques

Gained some altitude to get above the morning fog (marine layer).

I had a lot of fun, it was all uphill until coming back down so lots of cardio for us since we were jogging. It got really steep so be careful I fell twice lol. The view from the top of the mountain is beautiful!

Not very long trail, but very fun. Last part of the summit is steep, but more than worth the view from the top. Great panoramic with a cool cove between some boulders at the top. The park is is very clean and lots of things to do at the base and benches along the way. It's all clearly marked. REMEMBER to bring $3 for day use /parking fee.

Easy walk with some shade by the creek otherwise your in the open.

You don't want to go alone to hike. But, the trails were great, the view is spectacular. The park itself it so cute. There are two jungle gyms. Bathrooms with running water. Shade, lots of trees.... Until you go hiking. Then bring lots of water. I will certainly go back. PS, it was 93 degrees, so not the best on a hot day, but we survived and bought water there.

Short, beautiful and still gets a good work out in with the steep hill at the end.

I've hiked this trail 2 or 3 times. It's a very pleasant hike,but it's to short. that's my only complaint. it's a great place for picnics and has a playground for kids. I do recommend and it's very pleasant. my 3 stars are because it's short.I suggest you read Afoot and Afield is a book about trails in San Diego.

Beautiful trail! Took my kids and dogs and really enjoyed the morning

Amazing views

nice trail really like the observation deck on the top midway through the hike beautiful View.