Stadium Park Trail

Stadium Park Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of my favorite trails that I hike often. Easy to semi-moderate hike with different loops and trails. Really beautiful views from the top, and many oaks and wildflowers throughout. Highly recommend!

A good challenge if running the trails. It is steep and there are some places that have loose gravel. For this reason, I don’t love the main loop. Otherwise, it has a local plant garden at the base, which is fascinating. It is a pretty trail with 360 view of Atascadero at the top.

It also has an interesting history. Back when Atascadero was a tent city, the residents used to watch movies there and the hills would serve as stadium seating, hence the name.

because lots of fox tails . nothing pretty. lots of homeless. n stoners . trashy. . they need to work on the trails. graffiti . decent view at the top. nothing fancy. busy as he'll

It's pretty good. gets busy

Hiked with the kids on Good Friday. Easy loop. Enjoyed telling kids about the high school Bonfires we attended!
Hiked the same hills we 4x4 as teens. Spring time had lots to look at.

I used to go out there a lot last spring and it's a really peaceful place to get out and exercise. Easy to access, the trails are all pretty well maintained and traffic is minimal every time I've gone out there. They have benches every so often so you can eat lunch out there or take a break if need be. Just a really chill spot I'll miss and recommend it to people of all age groups and fitness levels.

Good trail. Great views. LOTS of foxtails when I went. Not for novice mountain bikers. My son and I were given bad advice when picking an "easy" trail for a new mt biking. The switchbacks and steep drop offs by the trail side were cool for me but terrifying for my son, who I was lucky to get back onto the bike after his experience at Stadium.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

This is the perfect little hike during (DST) for after work if you are local to north county SLO.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Beautiful area. Good shady trail for thise hot days.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

I love this trail because there are lots of different trails you can take and it is slightly challenging for a beginner like myself. You really get the feeling like you're out in the countryside even though you're right in the middle of the city. Lately I've been seeing more dog poop which is one of my pet peeve's, but when I first started this trail in the summertime it seemed like most everybody was really good about picking up after their dogs. Lots of shade, lots of trees, lots of interesting plants and animals. And even though a lot of people use this trail, you will most likely be alone for most of your hike and only see people once in a while.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Trail is well maintained lots of deer and animal life

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

This is a good short hike with some nice elevation to start. Would recommend early morning during the warmer months. Great views and a moderate difficulty.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Good elevation changes to get the heart rate up and nice views of Atascadero from the top. Easy access and right in town. Well maintained.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Nice.... never realize you're right in the city.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I just finished this hike for the first time. This is a great hike, lots of hills and what a great view once you get to the top. I will be doing this hike again and again. This took us a little over an hour, nice slow pace with lots of picture taking. You can make this hike short or long.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Stadium Park is a short hilly trail typically used by locals seeking an easy hike or a place to walk their dogs. It can also be used as a short but moderate difficulty single track for mountain biking or trail running if you don't mind maneuvering past all the hikers and pets. The trail is set among oaks covered in Spanish moss and offers a decent view of Atascadero from the top.

recorded Stadium Park Trail