Stadium Park Trail

Stadium Park Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail. Great views. LOTS of foxtails when I went. Not for novice mountain bikers. My son and I were given bad advice when picking an "easy" trail for a new mt biking. The switchbacks and steep drop offs by the trail side were cool for me but terrifying for my son, who I was lucky to get back onto the bike after his experience at Stadium.

This is the perfect little hike during (DST) for after work if you are local to north county SLO.

Beautiful area. Good shady trail for thise hot days.

I love this trail because there are lots of different trails you can take and it is slightly challenging for a beginner like myself. You really get the feeling like you're out in the countryside even though you're right in the middle of the city. Lately I've been seeing more dog poop which is one of my pet peeve's, but when I first started this trail in the summertime it seemed like most everybody was really good about picking up after their dogs. Lots of shade, lots of trees, lots of interesting plants and animals. And even though a lot of people use this trail, you will most likely be alone for most of your hike and only see people once in a while.

Trail is well maintained lots of deer and animal life

This is a good short hike with some nice elevation to start. Would recommend early morning during the warmer months. Great views and a moderate difficulty.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Good elevation changes to get the heart rate up and nice views of Atascadero from the top. Easy access and right in town. Well maintained.

Friday, July 08, 2016