Stadium Park Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 524 feet Route Type: Loop

Awesome trail. I am new to hiking and this is an amazing beginners trail. I keep getting up to the top faster and faster, a great trail to have a quick little hustle up to the top. The views are beautiful.

Great first time. We found 2 special treasures. Look for the giving tree! The weather was wet and wild, but the views were so worth it! Can’t wait to hit it against

Very nice with use as advertised. I might call it easy+ because there’s about 1/3 of a mile steep uphill pull.

had a great time hiking out there with my boys. decent distance for wanting to get a quick workout in.

First time on this trail and my only complaint is that the trails are a little overgrown. The main issue with the overgrowth is a lot of yellow star-thisle. Otherwise it's a very nice place, good options with different difficulty trails.

Great trail! But I recommend that the city should leave a trash can at the base for all the people who leave their dog bags at the base by sign or on the trail!

I love this trail! I recently moved to the area and love having a quick, semi-challenging hike nearby. I enjoy that there are different routes you can take so it doesn’t get boring. There are usually people on the trails too but it’s never felt too crowded with other people. Only bad thing is that there isn’t a trash can or spot for dog waste but otherwise it’s a great, dog friendly hike! Highly recommend!

Mon May 13 2019

great quick leg burn. nice view at the top

Sun May 05 2019

Fri Apr 12 2019

This was my first time on this trail. I don't know that I would a hike to the summit as "Easy" - more "Moderate" (depending what kind of shape your in). On the hike down from the summit, I took a different trail and ended up on private property, and about 1/2 mile walk back to the entrance. So, if you're not the adventurous type, just stay on the same trail. Views of Atascadero were nice, with some wildflowers in bloom. I enjoyed the hike.

Tue Jan 29 2019

Easy (with a little climb) trail. Well marked. Beautiful view. Great for dogs.

Sat Jan 26 2019

Beautiful view and fun hike.

Tue Dec 18 2018

Great hike. Trails are well maintained. Beautiful views of downtown Atascadero.

Wed Sep 05 2018

Easy parking, nice trail. Super steep at one point but only for a short distance. The view was worth it!

Tue Sep 04 2018

Great hike! A lot better than anticipated!

Wed Jul 25 2018

Fun family-friendly hike with some good views. Interesting plant life. Can be made more difficult depending on specific trail route chosen. Great spot for a quick decompress after work.

Sun Jun 10 2018

One of my favorite trails that I hike often. Easy to semi-moderate hike with different loops and trails. Really beautiful views from the top, and many oaks and wildflowers throughout. Highly recommend!

Mon Apr 02 2018

A good challenge if running the trails. It is steep and there are some places that have loose gravel. For this reason, I don’t love the main loop. Otherwise, it has a local plant garden at the base, which is fascinating. It is a pretty trail with 360 view of Atascadero at the top. It also has an interesting history. Back when Atascadero was a tent city, the residents used to watch movies there and the hills would serve as stadium seating, hence the name.

Mon Jan 15 2018

because lots of fox tails . nothing pretty. lots of homeless. n stoners . trashy. . they need to work on the trails. graffiti . decent view at the top. nothing fancy. busy as he'll

Mon Jan 08 2018

It's pretty good. gets busy

Wed Jan 03 2018

Hiked with the kids on Good Friday. Easy loop. Enjoyed telling kids about the high school Bonfires we attended! Hiked the same hills we 4x4 as teens. Spring time had lots to look at.

Sun Aug 20 2017

I used to go out there a lot last spring and it's a really peaceful place to get out and exercise. Easy to access, the trails are all pretty well maintained and traffic is minimal every time I've gone out there. They have benches every so often so you can eat lunch out there or take a break if need be. Just a really chill spot I'll miss and recommend it to people of all age groups and fitness levels.

Thu Jul 06 2017

Good trail. Great views. LOTS of foxtails when I went. Not for novice mountain bikers. My son and I were given bad advice when picking an "easy" trail for a new mt biking. The switchbacks and steep drop offs by the trail side were cool for me but terrifying for my son, who I was lucky to get back onto the bike after his experience at Stadium.

Wed May 31 2017

This is the perfect little hike during (DST) for after work if you are local to north county SLO.

Sun Apr 30 2017

Beautiful area. Good shady trail for thise hot days.

Mon Feb 13 2017

Wed Oct 05 2016

I love this trail because there are lots of different trails you can take and it is slightly challenging for a beginner like myself. You really get the feeling like you're out in the countryside even though you're right in the middle of the city. Lately I've been seeing more dog poop which is one of my pet peeve's, but when I first started this trail in the summertime it seemed like most everybody was really good about picking up after their dogs. Lots of shade, lots of trees, lots of interesting plants and animals. And even though a lot of people use this trail, you will most likely be alone for most of your hike and only see people once in a while.

Thu Sep 01 2016

Trail is well maintained lots of deer and animal life

Tue Aug 30 2016

This is a good short hike with some nice elevation to start. Would recommend early morning during the warmer months. Great views and a moderate difficulty.