Springhill Valley Trail

Springhill Valley Trail is a 1.4 mile out and back trail located near Lafayette, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Springhill Trail is a 0.75 mile out and back trail that offers scenic views. The Trail is steep in sections and connects to the Lafayette Trail which takes you to Russel Peak

The beginning was intense, especially since I carried my 1 year old on my back, but so worth the view at the top. Next time I'll try the loop and add a little more distance to the hike.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Nice trail but I looped it with Lafayette and Buckeye... No need to do out and back.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hill is kind of steep at the beginning, but it levels out a little as you get closer to the top. I wouldn't go so far as to say this trail is for advanced hikers only, but I wouldn't do it on a hot day. Took me an hour to complete, but I spend a fair amount of time taking pictures, and learning how to use some new equipment.