Spikes Peak Loop Trail

Spikes Peak Loop Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hollister, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

No potable water at trailhead - make sure to bring your own!

Nice views. Various levels of difficulty.

The park is mostly mixed grasslands and Oaks. Very little shade and no water so be prepared and wise in your choice of days! Great views from the ridge top and a nice workout getting there. Plenty of wildflowers but the wild grass has outcompeted them so they are mostly just visible along road and trail cuts. Hiking with cows!

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Monday, June 20, 2016

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Best ever

Friday, March 20, 2015

I just complete dinosaur point and the hills look amazingly green and beautiful. Perfect time to ride.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Saturday, May 03, 2014

I just went to Pig Pond and back, most all down hill on the way back. Plan on being in shape or taking your time. It was very nice lots of hills, wildlife is everywhere I saw nice deer while catching my breath. Lots of grass I did not see any snakes but as things heat up you would have to be very careful.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I just completed nature trail today. This area has really steep hills that will reward you with beautiful downhills. I like the trails too

Monday, November 18, 2013

I really like this trail. It has both fire roads and some single track trails. It is an endurance workout and you can make it as hard as you want or as long as u want. You can also make it short and sweet. Its a close distance to Los Banos so its perfect for me.

Monday, November 18, 2013

This Bike trail is awesome had a great time at Pacheco. It has some really fast downhill clean roads and great views I highly recommend this to anyone who is a beginner to an expert.

I rode my Scott Scale 29comp. Let me tell you there were some trails there that were even too big for me and my bike to climb up so there is walking up hill. I would I will be going back next week to take a different trail.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Right now, I chose to rate this trail with 4 stars because it offers a decent challenge to any skilled rider. In the summer everything is dry so it doesn't offer much in the way of scenery. BRING WATER! No potable water. Parking is $10 (7-20-13). I can't say that these trails are worth the $10 in parking, but for some new trails to try out it's not that bad overall. This trail has a few different loops you can take to make the ride short or long. I would recommend that anyone that ventures to these trails for the first time should choose a loop that starts the same as this track. The beginning of this track takes you to the highest point of the trail system at the start of the ride. After that, the majority of trail system offers various positive and negative increases in elevation, but nothing as significant the initial climb. You could always do it last, but I'd rather do the main uphill climb first. Some of the trail along this track is quite steep and the trails have a bit of loose dirt/gravel etc.