Southridge Park Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(71)
Southridge Park

Southridge Park Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fontana, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 515 feet Route Type: Loop

I would rate this trail as easy. At one point you walk along the aqua duct so it’s not very scenic. Lots of prairie dogs so my dogs we’re having fun chasing them.

Very nice trail lots of graffiti but we really like it!!!!

Nice trail and rocks. Don't wander off too much, I walked up on a shack where someone was living. I backed away quietly. The parking lot is kind of murdery but I have never been bothered. I haven't made it to the top yet.

recorded Southridge Park Trail

The original trail does not lead to the peak so we went off path and followed the bike trail that is led by arrows. We reached the peak and enjoyed a break with a beautiful 360 view. There are a lot of small paths you can take to reach the top. There is a lot of glass when you begin and a lot of graffiti. I wish there were leas graffiti but what can you do.

For the following hikers: Advanced: <= 15-20 mins up, <= 10-15 mins down Moderate: <= 20-25 mins up, <= 15-25 mins down Beginners: <= 25-35 mins up, <= 20-30 mins down This hike is a morning exercise routine for me just to get the day started. I park at the park area across from Mickey D’s and take the trail to the top, this hike is just a section of the entire mountain available for hiking. However this path is marked with arrows that will assist you up and to follow back down. 12 oz bottle of water is enough for all hikers unless you dehydrate easily.

The listed path doesn't exist, so just keep an eye on the right side of the east face for where to turn. You eventually want to reach the asphalt road and go downhill toward the street, but switching back to the trail north of that transition.

Southeastward turn is not obvious nor the default path. Since my shoe exploded, I took a shortcut back.

Nice if your looking for hills or mountain hiking. Overgrown trails with very confusing trail forks in the road. My poor dog plopped on the ground in the first little bit of shade he could find.

didnt find the trail path but followed the arrows and found great views anyways.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Nice little hike. Very overgrown so I really didn’t know where the train is or started but once I got going there are arrows to follow. I still got a little off trail (even with my map) but because it’s very overgrown. I don’t recommend wearing shorts haha