Sign Hill Park is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near South San Francisco, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length1.2 miElevation gain485 ftRoute typeLoop
Dogs on leashKid friendlyHikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingRunningViewsWildflowers
Waypoints (0)
Photos (173)
Activities (99)
Completed (202)
Yaohua Zhao
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 27, 2021

Peace in sweat

View Yaohua's activity
Eric Klein
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 6, 2021

Lots of trail closures.

View Eric's activity
Stef MA
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 27, 2021
Hiking

If you like (sometimes steep) inclined usually unpaved rocky, trail and then this is for you. When you start your loop if you go to the right it’s straight up a steep hill that’s rocky and will get you to the top quicker. The other option is to the left and it’s a longer route with some zigzagging mostly leveled but with steep inclines and stairs. I recommend taking the extra loop known as the eucalyptus trail. I believe it’s an additional .3 miles. The view is very lovely. The sign is nice. Overall I would recommend.

View Stef's activity
Eva Meza
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 13, 2021
Hiking

Very nice for a brisk hike, the zig zag portion is upgraded, making the area more accessible and easier to walk through. Caution with some steps (they are very high and low). Overall beautiful !

View Eva's activity
darryl johnson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 6, 2021
Hiking

Nice hike. The hike has a big change in elevation. Parts are very steep. Hiking shoes are best, but can get away with wearing good walking shoes. Nice views. I was there on a Friday afternoon. Not many people there.

tesia cheung
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 31, 2021
View tesia's activity
A Davidson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 29, 2020
View A's activity
Aaron Guzman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 18, 2020
View Aaron's activity
Matt Tellas
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 21, 2020
View Matt's activity
Sharokina Yaghoubi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 9, 2020
Hiking

It was definitely a beautiful sight! Be weary of the steep parts

View Sharokina's activity
gemma Buenrostro
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 11, 2020
View gemma's activity
Hillside Hiker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 9, 2020
View Hillside's activity
r m
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 18, 2020
Hiking

How fun to hike this hill with the giant letters you've been seeing for years. Steep ascent in the beginning, then a steep descent in the middle, leading through a surprisingly varied environment for such a small space. Nice little hike.

Jeff Reynolds
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 16, 2020
Hiking

Good trail up to the flag, the letters trail is very steep and slippery but fun I went up three different ways to try them all. Then I went across it went up to San Bruno Mountain and that was great but once I got to the radio towers I continued on West and let me tell you that Shell peters out despite showing something on AllTrails and they became terrible with the final climb over a tall chain-link fence so I think maybe it goes north and down from the radio towers but safer to go back east

View Jeff's activity
Kim H
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 4, 2020
HikingBugsNo shadeOver grownRocky

Dog owners be warned; I took my dog along with me on a hike here today and came home to find that he had 3 ticks on him! All three were different sizes, much like a small beetle. Tread with caution if you bring your dogs and make sure you check their fur thoroughly after. It felt like a small bump and when I moved the fur, I saw the tick’s legs move. Other than that, it was a nice scenic hike.

Tina Nguyen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 14, 2020
Hiking

Half of my life, I have driven by the sign “ South San Francisco The Industry City “and I have never thought to hike up there. So I did ....I was here on 6/12/20. It was not difficult to find parking. It has two ways to get up and down. My way up was very rough with some areas have small grainy gravel that make it slippery terrain. I came down by stairs and hiking around those letters. It is very steep, super fun, and pretty rough,if you don’t have right shoes. This is not like Hollywood sign. I couldn’t able to take a picture the whole sign in the background while I was on the trail. But it is outstanding view of south San Francisco when I got up to the top,and what fun than sitting on the big letter S :). My letter “S”is standing for SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO. Now your turn to choose your own letter. Happy hike folks.

Rohit Menezes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 26, 2020

Pretty steep ascent if you take the stairs. Definitely not "easy." Took me 40+ minutes for 1.2 miles.

Brian Acosta
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 26, 2020

Hard if take the stairs

View Brian's activity
Thomas Bustard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 25, 2020

Nice trail

Desmond Goodman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 10, 2019

Urban Trails #44. I did some of it twice to watch Thomas’s flight take off!

View Desmond's activity
Tracy Baudoin
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 11, 2019
Hiking

Love this trail for a quick hike to an amazing view and a great workout! It’s never too crowded and I love bringing my pup. I find myself coming back to this trail again and again— it’s great!

Evelyn Bohan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 30, 2018
Hiking

This is a fun quick loop.

Gary Grammer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 9, 2018

This is a perfect hike if you are looking to get out of the hotel while on a work trip. Close to SFO and a fairly easy climb with a nice view.

Josh Miller
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarApril 4, 2018
Hiking

Short trail with some elevation gain. WATCH OUT FOR TICKS. I've had some on me every time I've taken this trail in the Spring.

Cristopher M
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 1, 2018
Hiking

Understated park with great groves, trails, inclines and views.

View Cristopher's activity
Sarah S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 6, 2017

I did it during lunch break with coworkers. It's pretty decent! Will do it again!

Bill Crain
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 16, 2016
Walking

Short but used to work nearby and walked form the Terminal Produce Market and through town and up this trail a couple of times out of curiosity. I had seen the sign for years so I walked up to it...