South Mount Hawkins Loop

South Mount Hawkins Loop is a 11.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cedar Springs, California that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

historic site

This is the loop route to South Mount Hawkins. It ascends via the Windy Gap Trail and Pacific Crest Trail, and south on the Hawkins Ridge Trail and Crystal Lake Road.

I get the tracking data from my friend in our group. It is 13.5 miles. Definitely more than the 11.1 miles stated in the description

I took the reverse of the route listed above. I went to So Mt Hawkins via the Mt Hawkins Fire Road (the sign indicates 4.8 miles). Coming back I used the Hawkins Ridge Trail and PCT to Windy Gap. Then descend to campground (2.5 miles). I think this is a easier route because the fire road is a gradual ascent while going up to Windy Gap is relatively steep ascent. I think the distance is more than 11.1 mile.