South Lykken Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

North end of this trial, you'll want to go to West Mesquite Avenue, the South end would be at South Palm Canyon.

One of so many hikes in the area.
Easy accessibility makes it a favorite
Trail.
Enjoyed it several times.

Awesome views. Moderate hike

Loved the views - a good moderate trail with a variety of terrain, from fairly steep to flat.

Loved it

Great views at the Vista. Great hike for people who are at least moderately fit. Definitely worth in my books.

Good views of the valley, but crowded with rocky rims to walk on.

my favourite hike so far!
only problem we had was this app directed us to the info/ pay center at Tahquitz Canyon. We were meeting friends at the trailhead but we ended up no where near it. The trailhead (start) is actually on the other end or end of what's shown on this map. So across from Indian Canyon Golf Course

This is my favorite hike now. No time limits except daylight and enough mountain hiking to be strenuous but also enough walking to be enjoyable. I love hiking alone so it was nice that I had phone signal the entire hike for potential emergencies. I hiked from south palm canyon all the way to taquitz which was 6 miles and then walked back on palm canyon to my car which was another 2.5 Ish miles. Next time I’m going to lock my bike up at one end and leave my car at the other. I love that there are picnic tables and vista points at both ends of the hike. I saw 7 bighorn sheep on my hike. They were right on the trail eating out of a barrel cactus after smashing it open with their horns and then they were eating some cat tail bushes. I was fairly close but minding safety and I was able to stand and video tape and watch them for a good 20 minutes.

Great trail and there was hardly anyone on the trail, but then it is late August. I did go early in the morning and I was up at the picnic tables in about an hour. It was all uphill except a few places where it leveled out just for a few minutes. Very enjoyable and a good workout.

Its all good.grate early morning hick....

love it.

I started early today to beat the heat. I only encountered other hikers at the north and south extremes, from trail heads to first lookout points. Otherwise, I had it all to myself. Wonderful views over South Palm Springs with the sun coming up.

Great view of Palm Springs

best views of palm springs looking east

my daily hike, wonderful

I’m new to hiking and looking forward to many more adventures like this trail.

Great hike! Great view at the summit!

Great trail for all levels of hikers. Terrific view at the summit

Picnic tables midway make for a nice rest with a beautiful view of Palm Springs and beyond.

This is a great hike if you have two cars. We started at the north end with a steep but short (1.5 miles) manageable climb. Then there is some scenic relaxed walking along the the ledge, with great views including big horn sheep sightings. Descend on the south end. Approximately 4.5 miles, which took us about 2 hours of moving time.

Exhausting but so worth it!

A great hike!

Saw many Ovis canadensis and a few Canine domesticus (scoff laws).

Beautiful views over the valley. Dogs are no problem from South trailhead. No dogs allowed at TC trailhead. Only met a few other hikers. Very nice hike.

THIS PARK DOES NOT ALLOW DOGS (EVEN ON LEASH). PLEASE CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION.

Great hike which is not too over run with other hikers. Offers great views of Palm Springs and Tahquitz Falls.

One of the best trails in Palm Springs, with a good chance of encountering big horn sheep.

A must when you are in Palm Springs.

I love this hike. A quick workout in the morning. It hot in the afternoon as you are in direct sun.