Soda Springs and Parsons Lodge Trail

Soda Springs and Parsons Lodge Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite Valley, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until September.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very level, well maintained trail that skirts Tuolumne Meadows and the Tuolumne River.

Great walk with river views.

flat and easy walk. we did it Sept 1 carrying our three month old baby. it has some interesting historical facts posted along the way.

Much like a leisurely walk. No particularly spectacular views, but still very enjoyable.

Sun Dec 30 2018

Awesome first time in my 50 years I’ve been here! Peaceful feeling and soo quiet! I’ll be back This time of year again noooo crowds! No insects....

Thu Sep 07 2017

Interesting place to go check out if you have limited time. I took the Glen Aulin trailhead behind the lodge to Delaney creek and enjoyed lunch there.

Thu Aug 24 2017

Nice wildlife viewing.

Wed Aug 23 2017

Wonderful little stroll. Does not feel like 1.7 but if it gets my steps in I don't mind. Hardly a person around. Saw about 5 huge bucks.Water was gorgeous and the history of the area was pretty cool if you know about John Muir. I definitely think it was nice. But if you don't have the time you can definitely pass on it. Went early in the morning around 7:45 am

Mon Sep 12 2016

Great for kids!

Sun Jul 05 2015

Great, short trail. When I went I only had 2 days in the park, and I needed to time manage well. This was a good way to see the meadows, but still be able to move to our next stop quickly.

Sun Sep 15 2013

A very easy hike along the Tuolumne River in Tuolumne Meadows. Soda Springs (according to his diary) was John Muir's favorite place to camp in Yosemite. The lodge is historic and has educational material inside. Worth the stroll out there.

Mon Jul 06 2009

this is a beautiful part of Yosemite! Hike about a mile past Glen Aulin and you will find great camp sites on the right by the river. Take a day to hike to water wheel and ENJOY!

recorded Recording - Sep 25, 4:07 PM