Soda Springs and Parsons Lodge Trail

Soda Springs and Parsons Lodge Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mariposa, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until September.

Very level, well maintained trail that skirts Tuolumne Meadows and the Tuolumne River.

Interesting place to go check out if you have limited time. I took the Glen Aulin trailhead behind the lodge to Delaney creek and enjoyed lunch there.

Nice wildlife viewing.

Wonderful little stroll. Does not feel like 1.7 but if it gets my steps in I don't mind. Hardly a person around. Saw about 5 elk? Water was gorgeous and the history of the area was pretty cool if you know about John Muir. I defiantly think it was nice. But if you don't have the time you can definitely pass on it. Went early in the morning around 7:45 am

Monday, September 12, 2016

Great for kids!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Great, short trail. When I went I only had 2 days in the park, and I needed to time manage well. This was a good way to see the meadows, but still be able to move to our next stop quickly.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

A very easy hike along the Tuolumne River in Tuolumne Meadows. Soda Springs (according to his diary) was John Muir's favorite place to camp in Yosemite. The lodge is historic and has educational material inside. Worth the stroll out there.