Smith Meadows

Smith Meadows is a 16 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springville, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

scenic driving

I did the walking version of this trail, where the word trail is really road. The roads were closed so start point was Red Rock Ranger station also closed. The total mileage is 16.4 round trip. It is located about 15-20 miles away from Kennedy Meadows. One will need at a min in early spring 3 liters of water.

For a trekker like me the elevation gains are gradual and easy the road walking is a bummer. The original pictures posted are not representative of the path the pictures I posted are. The route leads to a primitive campground.

After further review the stated route needs to be expanded about another 1/2 mile to get to Smith Meadow. On foot at the end point the meadow is not visible.

In route there are several meadows and flowing springs this is why I rated at three stars.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

been in hear a couple of times in different rigs. once in my 95 bronco no lift or decent tire made it in and out just fine. another was a jk unlimited jeep. made it in and out just fine. one of my favorite places to go by far!!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Great time. In our Jeep Wrangler it was an easy drive. Great views the entire way.