Sloane Canyon Trail

Sloane Canyon Trail is a 11.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near El Cajon, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until May.

1.2 miles in crossed the river then bridge with unsafe sign, right past bridge gate! guard!! really short hike

Got there at 7:30. Made it to the river in an hour. Couldn't cross because of the all the rain. It was rushing. But. The hike was still great even though it was short. The hike back up is a leg killer, so be prepared. I wouldn't go in the heat for sure. Great views. Only saw 1 other person.

Nice peaceful hike. You start this hike going down and can go for a couple of miles, but I only did 3 miles in and 3 miles out. Be cautious how far you go because you will have to go back up on an incline. Since I usually like to listen to Pandora, there was no service at all through out the whole trail, so no music for me. Once you get to the bridge, there will be a sign that says do not cross the bridge but I crossed it anyways and kept going until I reached the the 3 miles and then turned back around. There is very little shade so try doing this trail when it's a cool day. ENJOY

Wednesday, March 02, 2016