Skyline Trail

Skyline Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hammond, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1902 feet

There are numerous trails for hikers and bikers. During the spring you will see many flowing waterfalls.

Awesome little hike! This was the first hike i took the kids on and they loved it. But we only did a mile of it. It is so nice when it is green and there are so many little areas where you can see creeks and mini waterfalls. We've done it several times since. The last time we went was in april 2017 and everything was green and nice and the weather was great.

PS take bug spray.

Just finished this hike, it was hard to find the trail...no markers. No cover and it was really hot. We made the loop, just by pure determination and luck. Glad I finished, but would not do again or recommend.

Walked about one mile into the south side of the loop. Many unofficial side trails; if I wasn't using the GPS I would have gotten mixed up. Enjoyable scenery following the contour of the creek. However, it was dang hot even at nine in the morning.

Not a bad trail. This trail is not kept up very well. I tried to begin my loop on the south side, got about .5 miles in and the trail ended. I back tracked up to the north side and started to climb the elevation. I got to the top (3.5 miles in) above the waterfalls and there was a picnic bench. At this point, the trail split into 3 different directions. I took the southern trail, got about 1 mile down the hill and the trail ended again. I wondered around for 30 mins looking for the connection point but was unable to find it. Resorted to going back the way I went in. The other two directions went farther up the mountain and one of them was gated off. Total hike was almost 9 miles. Great views, awesome elevation changes, not a lot of foot traffic and it was nice to be in nature. I would do it again!

This is a good low elevation hike near Three Rivers (it might also be the Salt Creek BLM trail, that's how we found it). I have to agree that this trail is not very well marked, but it's in a canyon/valley with one obvious entrance so it would be hard to get lost. Use tracking on your phone to make sure you take the right junctions. Finally, this trail is only partly shaded so it will be very hot from late spring through early fall.

This trail is NOT well-marked. We ended up going the wrong way several times and I finally had to download the All Trails app to keep us on course. There were lots of wildflowers, even though there were probably more earlier in the season.

Beautiful trail. Steady incline that wasnt too taxing to take the fun out of it. Lots of water along the way for our dog and even got to see our firemen in action.

Loved this trail the horses, meadows, views, waterfalls, views.

Great trail but wish the route was clearly marked. The views were beautiful and the waterfall was amazing.

i loved this hike! Not experienced hiker but everthing was beautiful. My only advice is go early, because it can get hot as the temperatures rise.

The views and waterfall were amazing. There weren't a lot of people out there either, which was a plus. And the trail was clearly marked most of the time.

Spent the morning on this trail with our family. This area has so much to offer from wild flowers to horses to waterfalls and rivers. We loved it! Hidden gem for sure.

My husband and I hiked this trail today and it was great. It was his first time hiking. The view was spectacular. Good for beginners.

Tried this trail for the second time. Our first time was about 6 years ago. Lots of fun. Enjoyed the views of the falls this time of year.