Skyline Drive to Beek's Place

Skyline Drive to Beek's Place is a 10.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,227 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

cave

partially paved

Working my way to Beek's and the radar ball a little farther every week. This week, to the trailhead for Tin Mine.

Good hike , went by the creek side . No problems . Not crowded around 0800 . Nice weather and didn’t see any snakes !

Awesome !! Saw a couple of small rattle snakes

I have conditioning Hikes Tuesday Mornings & Thursday nights join us Hiking-with-friends fb Mendez Coordinator Photographer Outdoorjunkie friend

Nice hike. It's not very steep...just a nice little incline for 5 miles so don't be afraid to push the pace if you're in good shape. Great for conditioning and such. Nice views from the top...I could see the ocean and Irvine's skyline.

beautiful hike.

Loved it!

I love this trail. Kids friendly.

Beautiful!!! As soon as you start going further in the trail it starts to get greener. Lost of birds flowers .

Overall a great hike. Amazing views! Lots of switchbacks. Great for mountain biking too!!

I've done this hike up the paved road to the doppler a couple times and enjoyed the challenge of the uphill climb and the amazing views. But today my husband and I decided to try something different. We took the hike along the stream. What a treat! It was beautiful! It started out fairly easy and then a little challenging when we had to go over rocks to cross streams. You may get your feet wet and be careful with the slippery rocks. Overall I would rate this as an easy to moderate hike depending on how far you go. Definitely will do this again!

We went along the creek almost 1.5 mile in and it was so beautiful. Slightly crowded but not over bearing. Went around 1030am. Crossed lots of rocks/logs to go up path along creek.

We came upon this trail while driving through the area from Green River Road. The impressive views and well graded and maintained trail is worth a planned visit. I would highly recommend this hike for all level hikers since it is accessible from the road and easy to gauge a turnaround point if the switchbacks become too intense. On a spring Saturday morning, there were mountain bikers, trail runners and casual hikers sharing the trail; all friendly and respectful of the trail maintenance. What a treat!

Got my car broken into here. Make sure to keep all belongings with you at all times during hike.

my 5th time to the doppler. normally I dont care how long a hike takes me but was getting cold and windy on Saturday, so no breaks, no sitting. did it in 4.5 hours and for an old guy like me, I was happy. great trail as usual. also, thanks to a young lady named Jennifer, who gave me a high five and the extra motivation to finish when I didnt feel like it. Thanks Jennifer for your enthusiasm and energy you passed on to me!

Saturday busy. Watch out for off road motorcycles. didnt see them until the way back from doppler. not sure if they were allowed on the trail.

First time at this trail. Enjoyed it. If biking be caution of vehicles, few blind spot turns and van came close to getting me. Other than that. Great trail. Went up to the large Doppler and rode down with ease.

Took the challenge to go to the Doppler radar. Great hike, geocaches along the way! Sad to see the burn areas!

Fairly inexperienced as a hiker, but this hike was a great way to spend a morning! The main trail was fairly challenging and there were lots of side options to try. Enjoyed it a lot!

Loved it! Best hike I’ve been on this far but we got lost on the way back taking a short cut.. highly recommend staying on the trail lol

I hike this all the time. Esp hike up the steep incline of Progressive which runs along side and through it, then walk down the road. It's not very pretty but the views are pretty good and it's great for cardiovascular health. I park on Elker when I hike all the way to the dopler orb.

I have hiked moderate trails before and thought this was a good trail to train on for more difficult hiked. The trail is a service road that is wide and well maintained. So, you walk on flat surface the whole way. There is no place to sit and rest along the way except a hillside to lean against. It is all up hill to Beek's and is consistent so you don't have to worry about drastic inclines. The views of the cities are spectacular and you can see the mountain tips from a whole new elevation. I will be using this trail to help me train for Mt. Baldy and Mt. San Jacinto.

Park on Foothill Prkwy near trailhead sign. Skyline Drive is a maintenance/fire road, graded and approx 12’ wide. Other trails fork off but the main road continues to the Doppler Radome (and beyond). Not much incline the first 1/2 mile. Past the residential area the climb begins and continues for the next 3+ miles. Nothing too drastic or difficult, just constant, every step uphill. Near the last mile the trail levels out, then descends a bit, then climbs again to the dome. I went on a Friday morning so past the residential “dog walk” area trail traffic was very light. Only saw a few other hikers and mtn bikers during the hike. The canyon side of the trail is open, the other hugs the mountain which provides some shade along the way. Nice views of Chino Valley and Corona (north), Lake Matthews (east) and Cleveland National Forest/OC beyond from the top (south). Took 2hrs 10min on way up, approx 1hr 45min way down. Stay hydrated, pack 2L water minimum + snacks for energy. Be safe and have fun!

Started 0715 finished 1200. parking on foothill parkway. it is on a vehicle road. a lot of bikers. gradual inlcline. minimal shade. almost finished my 2.5 L bag. beautiful view on top by the white ball thing.

Amazing

It’s a pretty nice view of Corona. At a walking pace, you’ll probably get to Beeks Place in 4-5 hours. I was only able to barely reach midway when the sun began to set. Lovely hike down, and it gets completely dark since you’ll be inbetween a valley. Wish I could’ve stayed for some astrophotography.

Trail open all the way to the Doppler radar, despite the fire damage all along and right up to the sides of the trail. still one of my favorites. Enjoy!

This is a fire trail that is maintained & a good conditioning hike but for a good workout take the short cuts. Unfortunately the recent fire has closed the trail for a while.

It’s open and the weather was great...started at 6am...

Easy to find trails difficult to find which trail is what. We were trying to find tin mine (this is before I found this app) and we followed the main trail to the Doppler thinking it was tin mine. We went 5 miles up until some lady’s that stopped us told us that it is 5 miles back down the direction we came and two miles out. As we walked down with them they told us about all trail app which is SOO nice. I just wish they had more signs.