Skyline Drive is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

partially paved

Park on Foothill Prkwy near trailhead sign. Skyline Drive is a maintenance/fire road, graded and approx 12’ wide. Other trails fork off but the main road continues to the Doppler Radome (and beyond).
Not much incline the first 1/2 mile. Past the residential area the climb begins and continues for the next 3+ miles. Nothing too drastic or difficult, just constant, every step uphill. Near the last mile the trail levels out, then descends a bit, then climbs again to the dome.
I went on a Friday morning so past the residential “dog walk” area trail traffic was very light. Only saw a few other hikers and mtn bikers during the hike.
The canyon side of the trail is open, the other hugs the mountain which provides some shade along the way. Nice views of Chino Valley and Corona (north), Lake Matthews (east) and Cleveland National Forest/OC beyond from the top (south). Took 2hrs 10min on way up, approx 1hr 45min way down. Stay hydrated, pack 2L water minimum + snacks for energy. Be safe and have fun!

Started 0715 finished 1200. parking on foothill parkway. it is on a vehicle road. a lot of bikers. gradual inlcline. minimal shade. almost finished my 2.5 L bag. beautiful view on top by the white ball thing.

Amazing

It’s a pretty nice view of Corona. At a walking pace, you’ll probably get to Beeks Place in 4-5 hours. I was only able to barely reach midway when the sun began to set. Lovely hike down, and it gets completely dark since you’ll be inbetween a valley. Wish I could’ve stayed for some astrophotography.

I like this trail for the distance. the recent fire not withstanding, good views. Wear a weighted vest if you want to add too it. water pack, walking sticks,

Trail open all the way to the Doppler radar, despite the fire damage all along and right up to the sides of the trail.
still one of my favorites.
Enjoy!

Parking for this trail is on Foothill Parkway, not in the neighborhood. This was a great hike. I did it in the evening starting at 5:30 PM. Total hike to Beeks Place and back was a brisk 3 hours for me - I am pretty fast and ran part of the way down. I watched the sunset on the hike down and enjoyed the city lights from Corona. I highly recommend an evening hike - there was a lot of shade on the way up and hiking after sunset was not an issue - lots of ambient light and there were other hikers and MTBs too. I had a great view of the crescent moon with Jupiter trailing in the western sky with a lovely view of Mars to the south. When I got to Bleeks Place, the gate was closed (easy to go around) with a sign that said "Closed to all uses" with the Trabuco Canyon Ranger Stations phone number.

This is a fire trail that is maintained & a good conditioning hike but for a good workout take the short cuts. Unfortunately the recent fire has closed the trail for a while.

It’s open and the weather was great...started at 6am...

Easy to find trails difficult to find which trail is what. We were trying to find tin mine (this is before I found this app) and we followed the main trail to the Doppler thinking it was tin mine. We went 5 miles up until some lady’s that stopped us told us that it is 5 miles back down the direction we came and two miles out. As we walked down with them they told us about all trail app which is SOO nice. I just wish they had more signs.

Pretty good hike. Not too busy for a 4th of July

I love this hike, it can be hard or easy, depends how much you can take.

Rope trail with my cousin, Amanda, is THE best!!!

An easy trail to the Doppler station. ~5.4 miles from the beginning of Skyline Trail at Foothill Blvd to the station. Easy due to wide truck path all the way through and just follow the path, no way to get "lost." Mountain bikers go through here as well. Took 2 hours 10 minutes walking up at a normal pace, hung around the top for 15 minutes and less than 2 hours back down the mountain side. Nice views of Corona 3-4 miles in, and when on the mountain top, views of Blackstar Canyon into Orange County.

Nice hike. Great views

good hike no shade bring plenty of water check the weather hiking poles help

kicked my butt it was well worth it.

Beautiful trail once you get out of the residential area. No shade but breeze was nice. Took our shepherd with us which was nice. I recommend this for anyone wanting a good day out.

Went this morning with my daughter and 2 grandchildren ages 3 & 5. Beautiful scenery, will definitely go again!

Fun trail. Definitely a hike to do if you live close by and want to get fit. Great views of the IE and I like how it connects to Blackstar Canyon when you get far enough back.

Hermoso lugar y perfecto para hacer cardio y tonificar piernas

Started at the trailhead on foothill at 6:40 am (parking was already getting packed) took 3 1/2 hours to get to the Doppler. We stopped a few times here and there on our way. The trail is a dirt fire road all the way up. It’s very well maintained. There are some other trails that go along side of this main trail that cuts the distance from 6 miles down to 4.8 miles but it is a lot more steep. However it is not as widely taken so on a crowded day you can take one of these and it’s a nice get away from the crowd. Beeks place was very cool and had a great view. And lots of shade which is the only place you’ll have shade aside from the Doppler. Any time after 9am there is no shade at all on the trail so start early. After a light lunch hiked back to the car in 2 hours. Me and my friend both used 3 liters of water I oils recommend just a tad more because it gets hot in the sun. Overall had a great time and would highly recommend it!

This trail is my favorite in Corona by far. It has many different routes for different levels of hikers. There are south, west, and north trails. South trail is shorter but has a short and steep dirt road that you can see from 91 Fwy. West trail leads you to waterfall with couple mine caves on the way. Go pass beyond the end of trail sign, you will need to clime some huge rocks to keep going. A great 8-10 miles round trip if you can make it. The north trail is a uphill hike all the way to the other side of the mountain. I walked the narrow bike trail with my 2 dogs. It’s a bit slippery but will for sure burn some calories and test your guts. Bring good hiking shoes to stay safe. It’s a fun and challenging trail that you can visit all year round.

took my 3 and 5 year old girls on this trail for the 1st time. absolutely loved the trail as it was easy compared to some of the other trails we have been doing. the only reason for not giving it 5 stars is the abundance of dog crap for about the first .5 to .75 miles of the trail. can't believe how much crap was not picked up. today was a cool day and we started about 11:30am but due to the lack of shade, I would not recommend starting this late in the day. we did 2.5 miles in for a total if 5 miles. can't wait to go again. oh parking can be tough so be prepared for that.

So beautiful and quite peaceful. One of my favorites :D

Favorite!

Amazing beautiful adventures!!!

A good near-the-city hike option! Definitely plan on doing again.

There’s a path that’s completely flat, which I took, great for beginners.

I love this hike!!!I❤️❤️❤️❤️