Skyline Drive

Skyline Drive is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Corona, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

Easy to find trails difficult to find which trail is what. We were trying to find tin mine (this is before I found this app) and we followed the main trail to the Doppler thinking it was tin mine. We went 5 miles up until some lady’s that stopped us told us that it is 5 miles back down the direction we came and two miles out. As we walked down with them they told us about all trail app which is SOO nice. I just wish they had more signs.

Pretty good hike. Not too busy for a 4th of July

I love this hike, it can be hard or easy, depends how much you can take.

Rope trail with my cousin, Amanda, is THE best!!!

An easy trail to the Doppler station. ~5.4 miles from the beginning of Skyline Trail at Foothill Blvd to the station. Easy due to wide truck path all the way through and just follow the path, no way to get "lost." Mountain bikers go through here as well. Took 2 hours 10 minutes walking up at a normal pace, hung around the top for 15 minutes and less than 2 hours back down the mountain side. Nice views of Corona 3-4 miles in, and when on the mountain top, views of Blackstar Canyon into Orange County.

Nice hike. Great views

good hike no shade bring plenty of water check the weather hiking poles help

kicked my butt it was well worth it.

Beautiful trail once you get out of the residential area. No shade but breeze was nice. Took our shepherd with us which was nice. I recommend this for anyone wanting a good day out.

Went this morning with my daughter and 2 grandchildren ages 3 & 5. Beautiful scenery, will definitely go again!

Fun trail. Definitely a hike to do if you live close by and want to get fit. Great views of the IE and I like how it connects to Blackstar Canyon when you get far enough back.

Hermoso lugar y perfecto para hacer cardio y tonificar piernas

Started at the trailhead on foothill at 6:40 am (parking was already getting packed) took 3 1/2 hours to get to the Doppler. We stopped a few times here and there on our way. The trail is a dirt fire road all the way up. It’s very well maintained. There are some other trails that go along side of this main trail that cuts the distance from 6 miles down to 4.8 miles but it is a lot more steep. However it is not as widely taken so on a crowded day you can take one of these and it’s a nice get away from the crowd. Beeks place was very cool and had a great view. And lots of shade which is the only place you’ll have shade aside from the Doppler. Any time after 9am there is no shade at all on the trail so start early. After a light lunch hiked back to the car in 2 hours. Me and my friend both used 3 liters of water I oils recommend just a tad more because it gets hot in the sun. Overall had a great time and would highly recommend it!

This trail is my favorite in Corona by far. It has many different routes for different levels of hikers. There are south, west, and north trails. South trail is shorter but has a short and steep dirt road that you can see from 91 Fwy. West trail leads you to waterfall with couple mine caves on the way. Go pass beyond the end of trail sign, you will need to clime some huge rocks to keep going. A great 8-10 miles round trip if you can make it. The north trail is a uphill hike all the way to the other side of the mountain. I walked the narrow bike trail with my 2 dogs. It’s a bit slippery but will for sure burn some calories and test your guts. Bring good hiking shoes to stay safe. It’s a fun and challenging trail that you can visit all year round.

took my 3 and 5 year old girls on this trail for the 1st time. absolutely loved the trail as it was easy compared to some of the other trails we have been doing. the only reason for not giving it 5 stars is the abundance of dog crap for about the first .5 to .75 miles of the trail. can't believe how much crap was not picked up. today was a cool day and we started about 11:30am but due to the lack of shade, I would not recommend starting this late in the day. we did 2.5 miles in for a total if 5 miles. can't wait to go again. oh parking can be tough so be prepared for that.

So beautiful and quite peaceful. One of my favorites :D

Favorite!

Amazing beautiful adventures!!!

A good near-the-city hike option! Definitely plan on doing again.

There’s a path that’s completely flat, which I took, great for beginners.

I love this hike!!!I❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good, Long, hike.

love this track
Peace Everyone Enjoy

Much better than I expected. I have done this hike two times...once in May and once in December.

Parking- both times we arrived around 7am and easily found parking on Foothill Parkway for free (a big plus for me); however when we left both times the parking situation was much different and people were parking farther down the street

Trail-
1st visit in May...there are different trails to choose from...we did the Hagador Canyon Watershed and followed it in about 1.5 miles before turning back as it seemed to become harder to follow/see the trail; it was much greener than I anticipated and quite a bit of cover from the sun is provided by the trees and the hills; we then walked over to the Tin Mine Trail and that was 2.5 miles total RT to the end of that trail and back...all together we did just under 8 miles and spent about 4 hours enjoying the area; the Tin Mine Trail is also rather shady and there are some closed mines that you can take a look into (iron gates blocking the actual entrances of the mines); you can hear water trickling in some parts of the trail and just great colors and beautiful;

2nd visit...when we returned in December we did the hike to the Doppler Ball...on the way there we took the wide winding fire road and on the way back down we opted for the more direct route back along the ridge and that was more fun...total miles was about 11 miles with just under a 2,000 ft elevation gain and took us a bit over 5 hours to complete including time to take in the great views and to check out the ruins near the top with the only true trees on the trail and there are some great rocks to take pictures on and of course time spent at the top with pictures of the Doppler radar

Hiked to the radar doppler. 11.4 miles round trip. Took 4 hours and 18 min. Decent fire road but way too many mountain bikers. The top was neat with old ruins, pine trees, and awesome views of OC, Downtown LA, and the IE. Start early in the morning as there is no shade. This trail is good for hikers, mountain bikers, joggers, families, and dogs. Mountain bikers fly down the trail so watch your back. Keep to the right as you are heading down the trail. One and done. Would I hike it again? No.

Nice walk on an overcast day otherwise would be too hot as There isn’t any shade.

Treasure found so close to home!

Great hike with some awesome views of the Corona area. 11.7 miles on a dirt road up to the Doppler Radar. Well marked trail. Up and back in a little over 3.5 hours. Very little if any sun protection so prepare.

Incredible