Skyline Divide Trail

Skyline Divide Trail is a 12.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Big Bear City, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from November until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Awesome hike just be listening for mountain bikers.

Parked at Club View Dr. and Skyline Dr. Then entered the trail at Radford Rd. at Skyline Rd. The trail is nice and the views were real nice. I hiked past Grand View Point then turned around and went down Pine Knot Trail, which dropped me off at Aspen Park. About 10 miles.

The trail meanders alongside the fire road but if you don't look closely you may never see it. This is probably the reason for the bad reviews previously. They probably weren't even on the trail. The trail is fantastic I had a blast. It's pretty remote so I recommend you bring a friend. Trail condition was impeccable. I don't think I ran over a single pine cone. Trail was 100% double track. Nothing too steep, minimal rock gardens. Nice berms but no real jumps.

scenic driving
Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beautiful drive up here. Been both in summer & winter when snow is present, made for a gorgeous photo. The views are amazing. Nice little get away to rid the crowds and enjoy pure silence and crisp air. Walked around and explored the area we didn't really complete the trail because we weren't ready for it. Lots of people biking so be nice and move out the way ;)

off road driving
Friday, May 29, 2015

A very easy drive. From an off roading experience, this road was a little boring. From a scenic point of view, it was pleasant.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A very easy and mild drive. Very green and foresty. Got bored so I ended up taking a left turn down to Clarks summit. Didn't realize how high in altitude I was coming down from the top.

off road driving