Sky Camp Trail

Sky Camp Trail is a 9.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Point Reyes Station, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hike along the Sky trail to the Sky Campground. If you are intending on camping at the campground, make sure you are booked well in advance.

I stayed at Sky Campground (finally!) book in advance if you plan to stay on a weekend. I was pretty lazy on this camping trip and just did the sky trail.
It was beautiful. Variety of trees and heavy with dangling moss. It was very special, if only it had rained.
I have a bad knee, so it was a little steep on the way back, but I just took my time and enjoyed the view.

I stayed at the Sky Campground and then hiked this trail from camp. It has beautiful changes in scenery. I loved all the different types of trees and hanging moss. It was definitely mystical in the beginning and spooky on the way back when the sun had set. :)

The way back was a little steep for my bad knee, but I just took my time. I definitely plan on coming back to Point Reyes. I am not a beach person, but there was such diversity in scenery it was wonderful! Got lucky that there was no wind, so day and night didn't drop under 40s.

We took this trail counterclockwise and had lunch on Sculptured Beach. In late Sept, it was totally clear, warm and had spectacular views all the way to the Farallon Islands.

Recommend going clockwise for great views. I found this tough on a hot day. 2 water stops at campsites on the way round. Beach was lovely before the burn of the last few miles uphill.

The views are spectacular on this trail. The descent is picturesque and challenging at times (lots of overgrowth). Arriving at the beach is bliss. This hike is pure perfection to escape the summer heat inland! This hike qualifies as one of my happy places ;-)

Monday, April 25, 2016

Great hike! The trail was really overgrown in parts, but the view was spectacular.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Great hike from Coast Camp. Mostly uphill and somewhat stenious. At Sky Camp you can take a side trip to the top of Mt. Wittenburg, the highest point in the National Seashore.

Sunday, July 05, 2015