Sitton Peak Truck Trail

Sitton Peak Truck Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The San Juan Loop Trailhead is located off Ortega Hwy (74) 3.6 miles south of the El Cariso Visitor Information Center and Fire Station or .5 miles north of Upper San Juan Campground. (from the Cleveland Natl Forest official website.)

Cool hike. Easier going up than down. Overall easy to medium difficulty. My fiancé took us the wrong way when we got to the top. We read to go back down on bear ridge we thought it was immediately after you get to the top but it’s not. You go back down the same way then after 2 miles you see 3 options and one of them is bear ridge. He took us a different way after we got to the peak and after our legs got scratched for .5 miles I told him we’re probably going the wrong way. He’s stubborn so he kept going and I just waited for him to realize he’s wrong. So he came back telling me it’s definitely not a Trail (surprise) lol. Anyway I complained for a few minutes that my legs are scratched but we got on the original trail and we made up ;) then we made it to the bottom safely. It was fun and not that difficult unless your fiancé decides to make their own trail. Then your relationship might get tested a bit. It was great though will do it again someday. Oh and we ran into a tarantula spider it was super huge and hairy. Adorable fella. My fiancé wanted to touch it... he’s a trouble maker :I
Anyway pretty exciting hike it gets cold at night in the fall. The parking permit can be bought across the street

Last part is a dooooosey!

great hike. not really difficult but has a steep climb for maybe half mile before getting to the peak. the views are great.

Great hike. Good work out. Cloudy this morning but still a pretty hike. No real big uphills until the last .4 miles. Views up to are surprisingly nice. Don't forget to sign the summit log showing you made it.

Hands down awesome hike. Basically trail is hard but, anyone can do it I saw a family with there 2 little kids and they made it to the top. Great time to go is any season.

Fairly easy hike, until the last 1/2 mile or so, which goes up to the peak.
The last 1/2 mile is steep and has loose rocks.
The view from the top is great!

Awesome view from the top, easy hike till the last mile to the very top.

I'd say it's fairly easy hike until you reach the end last 0.8 miles trekking poles will be needed. Beautiful 360 View once you arrive on top.

Good hike, not too challenging, the last mile to the peak is a bit steep, the view is worth it.