Simpson-Reed Trail

Simpson-Reed Trail is a 0.8 mile loop trail located near Crescent City, California that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Redwood National and State Parks 1111 Second Street Crescent City, CA 95531 By Phone 707-465-7335 By Fax 707-464-1812

Easiest and most scenic in the park. If you can only stop for a couple of hours this is your trail. Walked it several times and find it 'new' each time.

one of my favorites to go play in daily! so much amazing old growth here!

Beautiful

Very short but beautiful trees. Great for kids and someone with limited mobility.

While this is just a short loop, my daughter and I were there for a couple hours just taking in the beauty. We saw just a couple other people there, probably because it is just a little off the beaten path. You have to watch for it--when we turned on to Walker Rd. we went way past the trailhead because the marker didn't stand out. It's just in a little way and when you see the restrooms, that's where you start. I felt wonderful being there. It's a very easy stroll for all levels.

Very short and easy. Trail head has moved off of 199. Turn at walked road. Trail begins at the restrooms

Another of my favorite places.

Great hike just off Hwy. 199 in Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park. Beautiful redwood trees.