Simon Open Space Preserve Trail

Simon Open Space Preserve Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Good casual trail, great views, moderate elevation challenge, slippery return down.

I took my 4 and 7 year old children on this trail. Apparently we went the wrong way. It was very challenging and a step hill. My kids were troopers. We turned back after a mile. So we did 2 miles total. There is no shade so it was a bit hot. We will try again a different way.

Some mud along trails. Street parking next to a dog-park.

Good workout trail, gets steep on some parts. Nice view to the canyons.

Monday, July 02, 2018

I went yesterday when it was pretty hot out. No shade, so bring plenty of water. I went off course a little, but quickly got back on track. It was definitely an easy hike/run for me. The incline and loose rocks were a little challenging, but I managed to not fall. No others on the trail, so it made it peaceful, but a little scary too since I was solo! I’d definitely do this trail again. View of Ramona was beautiful.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Short stroll with nice views- not a big deal though.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

This is Ramona Peak Trail from the

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Not the best idea going up the hill on a hot day! Beautiful views though once your up. All in all nice hike

Thursday, October 14, 2010

This trail is a must for runners and mountain bikers. It starts off fairly slow but as you progress up the hills of the trail it becomes more and more difficult. At the peak of the preserve is a beautiful view of the town of Ramona and many fields.

recorded Simon Open Space Preserve Trail