Signal Hill Trail

Signal Hill Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Signal Hill, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

More of a walk through a neighborhood instead of a hike.

I see new things each time I come here

Awesome trail!

This was an okay hike, if you take the trail counter clockwise you have a steady climb and can dip into Discovery Well Park to add a few more yards. On a Saturday morning this area is jam packed full of people (as expected). I feel as though this would be better for running than backpacking and though I gave it 3 stars I will return with running in mind.

The map given does not account for the switch back trails you can use on the ocean facing side of the hill. There are really nice views and this hike can take you in a few different directions and slight elevation changes. If you have time, follow a different path with the trail markers. It's hard to get lost. It's not a huge area. Remember where you parked and head in that general direction when you want to get back. Trails go from paved, to decomposed granite, to sidewalks in neighborhoods, back to trails. It just depends on what you are in the mood for, and what kind of time you have. It's a peaceful hike/jog. I take my dog all the time. Allowed on leash, and pick up after them. Doggie poo bag stations can be found at intervals if you forgot your own.

The views were amazing! However, it was extremely hard to identify where to continue on the trail despite referring to the map on the app. After a few minutes I was just over it.

Great variety of elevations and challenges. It’s fun to run too.

Great morning Hike.

Great moderate hike, lots of scenic overlooks and some small monuments to enjoy and rest at.

I missed it every day.

This path has amazing views, great for taking pictures of the city day or night.
It isn't very long and it's not a very difficult trail but it does have some steep hill parts that add to the challenge.

Nice 2.1. Great views. Paths are wide.

pretty view

Moderate hike.

one nice place for a day hike with in LA of Long Beach area by Signal Hill City...

Beautiful panoramic views

Great hike, very hilly if you start at theSt. Louis trailhead. East and south side are not marked! Alltrails map was very useful. pay attention or you will end up with a much longer hike. Views are GREAT!

nice views of the airport on the north side.

Beautiful views of Long Beach, but the trail isn't always clearly marked.

nice neighborhood walk, a few hills to keep things interesting.

Fun walk around Signal Hill. The trails goes from paved trail to dirt trail to city sidewalk. Nice views to all directions as you walk around hill.

this is a great area to venture off and do plenty of hills and create your own path .

One of my favorite places to visit!

Great trail for daily walks or rigorous training for marathons.

It's a neighborhood trail mostly. The views are pretty and some cool historical markers but not much actual hiking.

The view is amazing. We got lost and didn't do the correct trail but it was awesome.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Nice walk. The southeast portion is just sidewalks through a residential area and the path is not labeled in that section so you need a printed map or use the app to stay on the trail. I wish there were more trees for shade, so don't forget a hat.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Very short hike. Great view. Hopefully they will expand more in the future.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

This trail saved my life. I was in the beginning stages of a full blown panic attack and my friend swooped me up and brought me here. After that first time, I came back everyday for 7 days. If I am not trying a new trail close by, I go here. No matter what type of person you are you can look out and find your peace. Every step is a view. I take advantage of the workout stations along the way. The best one is at the top of the hill!