Sierra Pelona OHV Road

Sierra Pelona OHV Road is a 17.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Clarita, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 17.2 miles Elevation Gain: 4,258 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

As of June 2019, users report that the trail is closed halfway through where the 4x4 trail crosses. Check with the park before visiting.

Great place for lots of fun for both 4x4 cars and mountain bikes and all kinds of extreme vehicles. Highly recommended

closed

Went in my ‘19 Jetta with 1.5” lift and K0/2’s. No problem at any point. The trail was closed halfway where the 4x4 trail crosses. Came back down the same way once again with no issues.

Nice trail for everyone.

off road driving

Super fun trail! If you're a beginner I would recommend this. There are a lot of different off shoots for different levels and activities. Pay attention to the map because there are several trails intersection each other. Accidentally deviated off the trail at the end but over all it was fun and the nature was absolutely gorgeous. We saw a huge snake, thousands of butterflies, and colorful wildflowers. Nice seeing the deferent geology of the area. I also like how close it is to the valley. Very fun!

off road driving

This trail is great for beginners and avid drivers alike. Good views. High clearance recommended (mainly at the beginning) but not needed. No 4wd needed either. Took up my Xterra, had fun with ease. I saw a Jeep Renegade tearing it up. Overall good trail.

closed

3/15/19 this trail is closed about half way through. still enough to experience some great views.

off road driving

Great morning didn’t see anyone until the end of the journey on my way out. Dirt bikers real cool peeps got the crosstrek stock wheels and tires handled like a dream and of course got it dirty

Fun drive! Great scenic views, pretty easy driving. Went on a Saturday and didn't see another soul.

off road driving

Like others mentioned, it's a pretty simple trail that doesn't require 4x4. BUT at the top of the mountain, about 10 miles in, you can drop onto Rowher (Black Diamond rated) trail and get your thrills. If you want to "Faux-overland" on a day trip from LA you can hit Delsur Trail, drive 2 miles South on Bouquet Canyon Rd and then start this trail for a ~45 mile ride which would take 4-6 hours depending.

Saturday, October 06, 2018

More easy than moderate, mostly needs high clearance though X4 is useful at the start. It's "OK" but not worth going out of your way for, we turned back after a while as it was a little boring compared to the good off-road viewing options. We didn't see anyone on a weekday.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Really fun but did not go the entire way as it would take a bit of time. A lot of great spots with different challenges and some great views for a picnic. We went during the week and only ran into a few others but otherwise it was very quiet.

Friday, February 02, 2018

Easy fire road traveling to the top of mountain. Lunch at the top enjoying beautiful views.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

I️t was my first time off road driving. I was truly impress, the entire trip was amazing the scenic views and most importantly off roading!!

Friday, October 13, 2017

Nice views, fun trail

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Monday, August 28, 2017

Stock 2wd suvs and trucks can handle no problem. No obstacles, nice views. Couple of shortcuts here and there that are fun.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Second off-roading trip. The first half mile to a mile is more intense than the rest. We went on a mild day, but I would suggest water and snacks. This took about 3 hours for us, but we're still getting to know our vehicle's abilities. Watch the signs! There are some places where other fire roads cross and we turned onto the wrong one and ended up with a 14 mile trip instead of the 17 miles this says it is. Artesian Springs crosses about 11 miles in and that's around where we took 6N08 (This Sierra Pelona trail is 6N07). We ended up back on Bouquet Canyon Rd, just a lot sooner than we expected.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

As a new truck owner, this road is EXACTLY what I had been seeking. Ran from West to East and highly recommend it to other noobs looking for a little bit of everything!

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pretty relaxing trail with beautiful views. I was in a bone stock quad cab Tacoma TRD Off Road and it was a breeze. I was in 2wd for much of the first stretch, but did have the dif locked and a little ground clearance is recommended. The trail ends up intertwining with Rowher, which definitely does get difficult, so be careful to stay on Sierra Pelona unless you're ready for that. I took Rowher in low range down the back end and was fine, but wished I had better clearance and articulation. Rowher gets pretty steep with some difficult bits (technical in stock trucks), so stick to the switch backs on Sierra Pelona unless you're ready for it.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Simple fire road. Takes you on a scenic tour. 4x4 not required.