Sierra Pelona Road

Sierra Pelona Road is a 17.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Santa Clarita, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

scenic driving

off road driving

I️t was my first time off road driving. I was truly impress, the entire trip was amazing the scenic views and most importantly off roading!!

Nice views, fun trail

off road driving

Stock 2wd suvs and trucks can handle no problem. No obstacles, nice views. Couple of shortcuts here and there that are fun.

off road driving

Second off-roading trip. The first half mile to a mile is more intense than the rest. We went on a mild day, but I would suggest water and snacks. This took about 3 hours for us, but we're still getting to know our vehicle's abilities. Watch the signs! There are some places where other fire roads cross and we turned onto the wrong one and ended up with a 14 mile trip instead of the 17 miles this says it is. Artesian Springs crosses about 11 miles in and that's around where we took 6N08 (This Sierra Pelona trail is 6N07). We ended up back on Bouquet Canyon Rd, just a lot sooner than we expected.

off road driving

As a new truck owner, this road is EXACTLY what I had been seeking. Ran from West to East and highly recommend it to other noobs looking for a little bit of everything!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Simple fire road. Takes you on a scenic tour. 4x4 not required.

Monday, December 29, 2014