Shuteye Peak Trail

Shuteye Peak Trail is a 11.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Fork, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and off road driving and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Awesome trail

Took my stock jeep up on her first crawl with a group of Jeeps and it was awesome! I was grateful to have my spotters there as this was my first trail and there were some areas that proved to be more challenging , but not impossible. I certainly wouldn’t go up alone in a stock jeep unless you are an experienced driver. The views from the top were absolutely amazing! Everyone there said it was about a level 5. I can’t wait to go back, but when I do I’ll have my lift and tires ready!

off road driving

Amazing view. It was a bit of a trek to the top. A stock Jeep probably make it. A lift would probably feel safer. When you get to the fork in the road there are 3 ways to choose from and it’s poorly marked. To the left is boxes of bees, chose the road on the right and take that all the way to the gate. Once through the gate that’s where the trail starts. So fun!

Amazing views!

Does anyone know where to go from the trail end? There are 3 roads to take, once completely covered in bees. Thanks!

off road driving

Wonderful trail. Took stock wrangler up. This trail is rated a 5 in difficulty in other books, which is the highest I go with stock.

I have spent many years doing trails in the Stanislaus and Sierra forest. This is a very fun trail. Gives you a little challenge along with great views ending with a nice destination point.

off road driving

Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 3 1/4 inch lift 33 inch tires rear lockers, front ATRAC. This trail was very fun ! I didnt even have to air down although the ride would have been more comfortable if I did. No clearance issues at all. I think my daily driver 1999 4Runner with a mild lift can tackle this trail. It's definitely a long drive up to the top but very well worth it. Make sure to make rest stops and enjoy the views, pick wild strawberries, just soak up nature and the outdoors. Cant wait to do another day run with some friends.

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Awesome experience, and definitely a lot more than I expected. It got progressively harder and had a couple challenging areas. I did about 3/4 of the trail due to time constraints, but I'm grateful God gave me this opportunity to have a great time, get some great off-roading experience, and see some awe inspiring views along the way.

Monday, June 12, 2017

For the two most recent posters: was the gate open when you visited the trail last week? The gate right before the actual trail starts (rock portion)?

Really appreciate it and thanks!

Friday, June 02, 2017

Awesome ride!! First half of the trail is pretty rutted out and muddy due to snow melt. Will be back for sure!

Friday, September 23, 2016

It was beautiful, one of the prettiest places I've been too and there's a rock you can climb on top of and just sit forever. Road is really smooth, compared to what I've drove on, except a few spots which weren't bad at all if you got tires and a lift.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Once on Rd 6s059 the first four miles are very easy to travel, after you pass the gate the last 2.6 miles gets a little tricky...had no problem getting up the rocky steep terrain and granite sections with my 02 WJ with 2.5" BB and 31" mud terrain tires....if you make it to the top you will not be sorry, amazing views and the fire look out worker is very hospitable ....The man named John was full of knowledge and not shy to give any information away when asked....would defiantly make another trip up the mountain

Friday, June 12, 2015

Great trail, amazing views. If you happen to go up when the lookout is being manned make sure you stop in and visit, the guy is really cool. An experienced driver could make in a stock vehicle. Fun for dirt bikes too!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Great trail, very pretty and lots of good challenging terrain, but nothing crazy. I did the trail with complete ease in a
2001 TJ inline 6 with 33' BFG mud terrains and Detroit lockers front and back.
I also saw a newer Nissan Pathfinder 100% stock with 4LOand probably a limited slip, however, it was clearly not working very well make it.
Along with the Nissan was a stock mid 2000s Toyota Tacoma 100% stock make the trail as well.
They sure were ballsy but they did make it.

Saturday, June 07, 2014

I have completed this trail several times. it has some great views for those who love to take pictures. there is a manned fire look out at the top.

Monday, June 26, 2017