Shealor Lake Trail

Shealor Lake Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kyburz, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good, short hike. Although I'd definitely rate it at the higher end of "easy" to the low end of "moderate". The trail is very rocky, especially on the back side of the hill. At times it can be hard to follow, so look for the little stacks of rocks. I don't know if that's a courtesy of the forest service, or other hikers, or just something neat people do, but those little stacks of rocks seem to be about every 50 to 100 yards and do well to keep you on the trail, lest you end up taking a more arduous path as I and my family did.

Was a great hike for my family! 2 adults a kid and dog!!

Going back!!

Incline with a pack makes you just tired enough that the lake is even better.

Enjoyed this hike. Beautiful views loved the lake. I would definitely rate this more on the moderate side than easy though.

Whomever rated this easy need to rethink the rating. Short but the climb is moderate with lots of loose gravel, granite and rocks. Bad knees and old dogs is not recommended here. Lake is amazing though, our new favorite swimming hole.

Great hike. Loved it. Only thing is the rating. It says easy here but I think it is more moderate.

Shealor Lake seems to be a popular spot on the weekends, mostly day hikers. If you're planning to stay, there aren't many established campsites and parking is scarce. However, we hiked in early on Saturday, spent one night and had an awesome time.

Friday, September 23, 2016

A favorite for sure for a quick getaway when you really need to just get gone for a little while. Easy hike in and although up hill on the way out, it's not too steep. Disperse camped here and spent the day climbing around the waterfall and boulders. Great time! Here's our full write up. http://hustzkergies.blogspot.com/2016/06/shealor-lake.html

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Definitely a beautiful hike with great views! Very steep and rocky down to the lake (climbing down and around granite boulders/ground) Glad I didn't have my kids with me... even the dogs got tired hiking up and over the hill. I would rate it moderate not easy... Mileage easy... Terrain moderate to hard. Wish I would have had poles. Very hard to stay on trail.
Would definitely do again!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Nanci Werner and Lauraine Vannoy

Enjoyed the views. Poles were helpful.