Shaver Lake Trail

Shaver Lake Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

beach

Worth the hike. I only say this because there are some areas without shade on the trail and the dirt was too hot for my dog to walk on so I had to carry her during small sections. The lake was empty at the end of the trail. Beautiful views and nice beach with clear water. We saw no one on the trail which surprised me because it was beautiful.

Nice easy trail! Great if you have kids. It ends at the lake and the view is amazing.

There is no vehicle access from Dinkey Creek Road to the start of the Trail.

This is an easy walk/hike that leads down to the lake. It is down hill all the way so save some energy to walk back up hill if you spend sometime in the water.

The parking area is not marked and only has enough room for about three cars, but I haven't seen more than just one other car there so far.

couldn't find the trail and ended up at Boy Scouts Campground lol

Nice easy trail to a beautiful beach on Shaver. Our 4 year old had fun on the way there, struggled a little bit on the uphill on the way back.

First hike with my son and pups. Went really well....my 3 year old walked the whole way.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Really fun but short hike. Lake is amazing with beautiful sandy beaches. Great place for the family

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Great morning walk to a beautiful destination

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Easy fun hike. Couple trees have fallen in the road and couldn't drive it. Leads down to the lake and creek

Thursday, May 04, 2017

off road driving
Monday, February 20, 2017

I originally went for a hike but ended up 4-wheeling the path instead. It snowed the week before and the rain created an extremely muddy path that my jeep was able to navigate with ease. I was able to pull off on the side of a bank and hike the several feet of snow that covered the creek. It was so much fun and my dogs loved it!

Friday, August 26, 2016

The current Tree removal has effectively removed all the perimeter road markers east of the road that takes you down to the Fishing club. So, be VERY aware before heading out. IT's very torn up by huge tractors, debris everywhere and we were really turned around a few times without ANY markers left and NO trail. West of The fishing Club road appeared to be just fine!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Shaver lake is my favorite place in the world. Hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, boating-- you name it. I have so many memories of this lake from my childhood and it has a revered place in my heart.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Too many people trash what would be beautiful

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Start at the marina and ride mountain bike around the lake. One side is dirt roads the other is pavement through town. Great ride early morning.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The lake is nice but is not hiking-friendly. You can walk over some of the steep rocky/sandy shoreline but there is no official or groomed trail. However, there are several horse trails and a place to rent horses.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My family has owned a cabin between Shaver and Huntington lakes for 90+ years. I grew up spending summers here. It is a nice lake that is better for boating and beach fun than for fishing, especially this year (2012) since the lake had to be completely drained for repairs to the dam. If you want some fish, head up to Huntington lake, or wait a couple years for the planted fingerlings to grow to a legal size.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017