Shaver Lake Trail

Shaver Lake Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

beach

This is an easy walk/hike that leads down to the lake. It is down hill all the way so save some energy to walk back up hill if you spend sometime in the water.

The parking area is not marked and only has enough room for about three cars, but I haven't seen more than just one other car there so far.

couldn't find the trail and ended up at Boy Scouts Campground lol

Nice easy trail to a beautiful beach on Shaver. Our 4 year old had fun on the way there, struggled a little bit on the uphill on the way back.

First hike with my son and pups. Went really well....my 3 year old walked the whole way.

Really fun but short hike. Lake is amazing with beautiful sandy beaches. Great place for the family

Great morning walk to a beautiful destination

Easy fun hike. Couple trees have fallen in the road and couldn't drive it. Leads down to the lake and creek

off road driving

I originally went for a hike but ended up 4-wheeling the path instead. It snowed the week before and the rain created an extremely muddy path that my jeep was able to navigate with ease. I was able to pull off on the side of a bank and hike the several feet of snow that covered the creek. It was so much fun and my dogs loved it!

Friday, August 26, 2016

The current Tree removal has effectively removed all the perimeter road markers east of the road that takes you down to the Fishing club. So, be VERY aware before heading out. IT's very torn up by huge tractors, debris everywhere and we were really turned around a few times without ANY markers left and NO trail. West of The fishing Club road appeared to be just fine!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Shaver lake is my favorite place in the world. Hiking, camping, swimming, fishing, boating-- you name it. I have so many memories of this lake from my childhood and it has a revered place in my heart.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Too many people trash what would be beautiful