Shadow of the Giants [CLOSED]

Shadow of the Giants [CLOSED] is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oakhurst, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

NOTE: Currently Closed due to Railroad Wildfire. Easy 1 mile loop in thick forest environment with many Giant Sequoias. 1 mile loop with about 12 Giant Sequoias but only a handful of really big ones. Easy hike and really nice thick forest. Much different than most of the forest around bass lake. Many informative signs along the hike to educate people about the history of the Giant Sequoias

This was one of my children’s First hikes 15 years ago...it’s filled with wonder and majesty!! Really hope it can be resorted❤️

Nice, clean, short,hike. The stream that runs along trail makes a perfect nature hike. Road is bumpy,but slow driving, it isnt to bad.

Lovely family walk. Short but lots to see. Many photo opportunities. The dirt road to trailhead can be rough after heavy rain.

This was a nice trail of a bumpy dirt road. I took my three boys ages 7, 4, and 3. It was an easy enjoyable hike for us. I would recommend taking a suv rather than a smaller car. The trail is clearly marked.

Giant trees and no one on the trail

dirt road isn't near as bad as people are saying ...I saw a mercedes car get all the way back no problem..
just go slow it's fine and we'll worth the trip! A++

An easy early season day trip. The many times mentioned vehicle with clearance is no joke. Deep ruts abound. The trail itself was easy even with a cardiac condition and a bit too much extra me. On Saturday May 27th, 2017 it was nice and cool, and not crowded.

Beautiful but I highly recommend a vehicle with a lot of clearance for the dirt road leading to the trail.

Great hike very easy and the kids will love it. Awesome Grove. A must see.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

We opted to check this trail out on Black Friday and it was a great experience. Beautiful, quiet, and an easy trail. I loved that I could bring my dog, too. We spent about an hour there between walking and taking photos and whatnot. I was a little concerned about the unpaved road with my Toyota Camry, but it wasn't at all bad (I just wouldn't even think about it after a recent rain or snow). It was an easy trip from the valley and a much better use of time than Black Friday shopping!

Monday, November 07, 2016

Beautiful hike.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Awesome nice short hike.

Monday, September 05, 2016

A bit rocky to drive to- definitely recommend an SUV or truck of some sort.

Easy, casual walk. Great for a nice informative walk with the kids or to relax in the great outdoors. Not a workout spot.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Pretty easy hike. I liked the informational plaques that gave descriptions of the trees. Beautiful forest. Getting there was a bit rough. My car is not meant for rocky roads since it sits a little low...nor are my tires meant for this kind of trip. Just drive carefully and slow.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Was excellent. Shaded trail with clearly marked trails with informative spots along the way.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Nice and easy and quiet. Pretty

Thursday, July 07, 2016

This is a wonderful quiet hike off of the beaten path. The forest is lush and the surroundings are exactly like a lot of trails in Yosemite, but without the crowds. There are some steep areas but nothing too bad. The Giant Sequoias are so magnificent and awe inspiring. We will be back again and again.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great for the family and dog. Informative trail markers along the trail and majestic Redwoods.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Quick & easy loop.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

very pleasant walk with my wife and dog. we went in December when there was about 1.5 inches of snow. we were the only ones on the trail so we let the dog off leash. We started here then went to Fresno dome afterwards.