Seven Lakes Basin via the PCT

Seven Lakes Basin via the PCT is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Shasta, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This hike was fun.. only went to Lake Helen, dogs were tired from the hike the day before. A few ups and downs, some shale. I wouldn't take kids on this unless they were at least 11-12 years old. When the hike says, "easy," I wouldn't necessarily agree. Worked up a good sweat. Went the 3 miles out in about an hour!

***I will delete this as soon as the road is clear.

There is a large boulder slide blocking most of the road leading to this place. (I went around in my tiny Prius but anything barely wider will not make it) drove several more miles until I was 5 miles away from starting point (according to this app) and there was a foot of snow covering the road. Today is May 4th 2017, I am going to try again soon as it is supposed to be warm up here for a while.

I just wanted to post something recent so people wouldn't waste their time/gas as I did heading up there today. Well.. not so much gas in the Prius but you know what I mean. :) happy trails!!!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

Great

Monday, October 21, 2013

On Saturday October 19, 2013, four of us hiked along the PCT to the Seven Lakes Basin. I don't think I ever saw a cloud in the sky all day long. The view of Mt. Shasta was amazing. We didn't stay on the trail the whole time because we decided we wanted to climb and scramble up the rocks so we could get better views. When we got to the top of Many Lakes Mountain, we could see the Castle Crags from where we were. We could also look down on several of the lakes- Cliff Lake, Lower Cliff Lake, Upper Cliff Lake, Cedar Lake, Mumbo Lake and Upper Mumbo Lake. This is a hike I will want to repeat again!!