Seven Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Barbara, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 843 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Great trail, if you reach the pools there is only about 4 feet of water. Was able to make it with a small pink poodle.

It was an interesting trail through rocks and bigger rocks along there’s little water flowing down as you’re heading up. I went with my boyfriend and my medium sized dog and we all had fun and we did a little rock climbing.

this was an experience. there is a hike before the hike because parking is horrible so when you start seeing all the cars on the side if the road that's when you park. it's pretty rocky, there were tons of people including kids. but the hike was amazing. we made it to one the pools/water trickles. we got in the water and felt we smelled after that but the water was nice and cool.

it was a great experience. it’s quite confusing to get to the waterfall because of the signs but if you are trying to go to that continue straight until you see a Y and continue to the left the whole time on Jesusita trail and as soon as you see a stream follow the water upwards climbing the rocks. If you continue straight on Jesusita you will walk about 4 miles upwards to a vista point. If at the Y you go to the right you will meet a very steep and rocky trail to a vista point. it’s quite dangerous and there wasn’t much water but it’s a fun experience. oh also if your dog is small you might have to carry him meanwhile climbing the rocks.

This is quite a beautiful hike. Starting off I actually went the wrong way and ended up on an extremely strenuous hike. Made it to the top and some hikers who frequently go there led me down and showed me the correct trail. My daughter enjoyed playing in the cold water and then we decided to hike up to Inspiration Point which isn't too bad if you already are there. All in all it was a beautiful hike and I will surely do it again.

Quite a few people for a Tuesday mid morning hike. Beautiful some shade but mostly sunny once you head up towards the pools.

Was excited to make it to 7 falls but sadly I came to a large boulder and could not climb it safely. Their was a rope on the right side but sadly it was torn and I could not use it. I am rating it a 3 just for that reason alone. Otherwise I am sure it would have been awesome to make it to the pools. The way up was beautiful. Wonderful views. Took tons of photos. Maybe I can find a different way to reach the falls.

Great trail :) go up the creek to the pools till you get to the last one. If you continue past the “waterfall” to pool 1&3 like on the trail map it’s difficult terrain and not good for anyone under 10. Use of some ropes to assist up hills and rocks is required. If your and adventurous adult I would def try and go to the end!

Wow! What an amazing hike. We were there May 7th. We brought our dog Luna. She loved it. But I do not recommend bringing dogs to this trail. Too many large rocks she needed a lot of help. I saw the sign for Jesusita trail about a mile from the gate. There's no sign, but I did notice a post at the fork. If you stay to the left you will find the creek. If you follow the water up creek you will find the pools. From there it's about half a mile to the rope. The creek meanders but we eventually found the falls. Gorgeous! The water is about four feet deep and very refreshing. Bring bug repellant, sunscreen, a hat, and hiking sandles. So cool seeing frogs, butterflies, and salamanders. I wish there were more signs. If you are up for invigorating hike and like obstacles, this trail is for you. Definitely going back!

it was pretty hot when we went so make sure you’re stocked up with water. we saw 2 snakes as well. on our way back i dropped my phone cause i fell and after 10 minutes i realized i didn’t have it so we had to go back! other than that great hike!

The first part is paved, then you hit tunnel trail, once you get to the creek you have to scramble up the rocks to the water fall. I couldn’t make it all the way there traveling with a 3 and 7 year old. I couldn’t help them both at the same time. Beautiful creek though

Hiked on May 3rd. I got there at 9 and there was only one parking spot left. The trail head doesnt have parking, so you have to park on the street. I highly reccomend getting here before 8. I had to hike about a quarter mile to get to the trailhead. The first part of the trail is a road. when you get to the top the trail splits in two, make sure you go to the left, there was no sign. Once you get to the creek the trail is extremely overgrown and is hard to navigate. I only ended up hiking to the falls right before the rope climb. I saw people on the trail with their dogs, but I do not reccomend this trail for dogs or small children. The actual falls weren't that impressive, but it has been a few weeks since we've gotten rain.

Visiting from Seattle and was amazed by the beauty of the Santa Barbara trails. I had tons of fun going up Mission Creek all the way towards Seven Falls and beyond. Following the creek was fun but at the same time challenging specially when needing to go around the creek due to lack of access. Had a great time!