Serrania Ridge Trail

Serrania Ridge Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodland Hills, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

My Bella and I love it there

Strenuous hike uphill. Great views of the valley. Couple of people brought dogs off leash or rude when asked to hold their dog, and dog poop left on the trail too bad these people make a great hike unpleasant. Also, we saw a rattlesnake on the trail, Beware!

This is a cute little hike that ends and mulholland drive. Not very woodsy, more like what u would find in a park and little canyon. Lots of lizards but didn't see any snakes. People should scoop their dog poop though! This is my new after work joint!

Good workout, can modify/skip some of the Hills if you want to do an easier hike. Pretty views!

Great area to bring dogs!

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Perfect for a half day hike

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Easy hike and beautiful ;)

Friday, January 20, 2017

Easy access and you can continue to other trails (ie Topanga Canyon Loop) and routes from the top.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nice trail . Hot during the summer carry some water with you. I normally parked outside on the street. Warm up run/walk the hill go over the top to mulholland drive .

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

easy quick hike...

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

It was a great trail except for the monstrous swarm of thousands of bees we encountered on the way down. We had to take an alternate way down and ended up far from the beginning but it was still a good hike. Good for beginner to medium hikers.

Monday, October 19, 2015

If you're new to hiking and want a trail for your first elevation gain - don't start with this trail. It's a good trail and everything but it'll kick your !#$*@ if you're not in really good shape. You might decide hiking isn't for you. The climb starts with 1/4 mile of 16% grade. That's significant. It's not a long way to Mulholland but the average uphill grade is around 13%. That's a bit taxing. Going out I was concerned that I'd be exhausted coming back. Coming back turned out to be a rather easy stroll. The views aren't outstanding but it's a good work out in the out of doors.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

It's a short hike (1 hour out and back) starting at Serrania Park in Woodland Hills, CA. Brought my two dogs and hiked off-leash. Went all the way to the fire road and came back. A little bit more than 3 miles round trip. Didn't bring water since it's only 3 miles but dogs were able to drink water when we ended the hike at the dog park at the bottom. I'm at this park everyday walking my dogs but will definitely incorporate this hike into our daily regiment. Have to start early or go on a day that's overcast since there is little to no shade on this trail. If we have more time, we'll definitely see where the fire road leads...

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hiked w my wife and 8 month old, we had her in the baby carrier but we also brought an off roading stroller in case she needed to sleep...the narrow parts of the trail were tough w the stroller but overall really enjoyed the hike...the ridge line was great...surprisingly crowded, but was holiday weekend...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Yes, a disappointing trail. I drove there from my Hotel on Ventura blvd to run this trail and there was no where to park and no trail signs and then when i finally found a path to the trail lots of dogs running free and dog sh#t all over the place. so I decided to run down in the neighborhood and lots of poop there too. If there is ever a dog-flu outbreak, it will come from this area.

Thursday, September 05, 2013

I had really high hopes for this trail since I live so close by, but I am really battling some serious disappointment. It was uber challenging uphill from Serrania, and that was great! I was ready for the challenge! The views were gorgeous. And it was practically empty. Then the trail narrowed so severely you couldn't pass without getting scraped up with brush. And you know what likes to curl up in sage brush? Rattlers. Sometimes you need to accept turning around is the wisest option.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

This is a pretty technical trail, it is pretty narrow in the beginning. (Comming from mulhallond fire road) then it widens out a little bit and there are some steeper sections then as you get closer to the park it gets really steep and technical. I gave this only four stars because this trail has a lot of potential for being a killer downhill trail. But it isn't well maintained and I've almost hit several hikers on seperate occasions, because there are many blind corners and there are no warning signs for hikers. Hit me up to ride. I forgot to add it in but the trail is very dry and some turns can be quite rudded

Thursday, October 20, 2011

My I-need-to-hike-now-where-should-I-go hiking spot.

Likes - almost NO crowd (even on weekends!), numerous trails (varying levels of difficulty), good overlooking view of the Valley, very accessible (I live in the Valley)
Dislikes - not much to see really :)