Sentinel Dome and Taft Point Loop

Sentinel Dome and Taft Point Loop is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yosemite Village, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

I combined several trails. The four mile trail offers great views of the valley, I didn't go all the way to the valley though , I stopped at Union Point and climbed back up. The Pohono trail seems like a slat walk in the woods , nothing exciting - but it leads you to Taft Point ,which offers spectacular views - don't miss it , I spent an hour there admiring the views !!!

We went with intent to do Taft Point/Fissures only but decided our last day needed to be a little more.

Nice views from Sentinel Dome but even better was a secluded point we happened upon when the backside loop made a small fork.

We continued on to Taft/Fissures area. The fissures are ok; you can get a few nice views to the valley below.

There are two points there that offer really nice views.

Glad we did the full loop instead of just the fissures.

Friday, September 16, 2016