Seaview and Big Springs Trails Loop

Seaview and Big Springs Trails Loop is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berkeley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Parking off of Wildcat Rd.

good hike to take in the views. very little shade so a hat and sunscreen a must. I actually parked and started at Inspiration point then took the curry trail to seaview. inspiration point has more parking and an additional restroom. very warm morning. i started at 8:00 am but wished i had started earlier. parking lots fill up fast at either start but did notice people parking along the side of the road.

Beautiful views on both sides of the second half of the loop. Dog enjoyed it for sure. Wide open trails and reasonable amounts of shade to be enjoyed. Great first hike for the 6 month old boy in the carrier. Only down side is that it comes out to a road at intersection so a little dangerous for the pup. Overall I would recommend to anyone.

the view is great! and dog friendly easy hike

More incline than expected, but the views were well worth it. Hot in the summer sun.

Nice views. Better hike in spring or fall and you won't be by yourself. Lots of traffic.

Awesome hike with lots of pretty views.

Nice incline, with dope views. It’s hella rocky towards the end I suggest hiking kicks over running sneakers.

Be advised! Saw a medium sized rattle snake right as the quarry trail meets the lower big spring trail- sitting right on the path. Didn’t make any noise as I passed & slowly went on his way into the brush- gave me enough time to confirm it was certainly a rattle snake! ~6:25 PM

Beautiful views of the city and reservoir. Uphill at first so you get the hard work out of the way and get to enjoy the end of the hike without too much work. I would defiantly come back again.

Great view of the Bay also during peak sun time many lizards are out and about be sure to watch your step (I saw a squished on the trail). For bird enthusiasts red tailed hawks and other birds of prey can be spotted using air currents to lift themselves higher.

Great view of the city and the Golden Gate Bridge. I started from the quarry trail head, but you can also start at the big spring trail head. From the quarry trail head, if you hike the loop clockwise, the beginning incline is steeper and you get to the vista point on the top ridge faster, but spend longer time going downhill. I prefer counterclockwise so as to have a steady incline and spend much longer time uphill than downhill. If going downhill via the Seaview trail (counterclockwise) is too steep and the impact on the knees is a concern, you can split off at the point where Lower Big Spring meets Seaview, and then turn back at the point where Lower Big Spring meets Quarry to get a much more gradual decline.

Great views of SF and Bay bridge from this park when it's a clear day! The trail we took was nice. We parked at Quarry parking but go early as it's limited parking. This trail is popular due to the views.

Came here with my family. I thought this was an easy trail for me compared to my last hike. This trail was considered moderate too but we finished it quick for five miles. There is not much shade so I recommend wearing a hat. Wear sunblock or go early or during winter or spring.

My only gryp about this trail is the lots of loose rocks. I recommend to wear mid-top hiking shoes as you can easily loose balance or twist your ankle. A few of us could feel it but we were careful. If your clumsy like my daughter you may feel the twist more so be careful people!

I would recommend this for a daily hike or first timers. Oh and also be wary of rattle snakes here as along the trail, many saw a baby one in the middle of the trail that we past. Make sure not to approach it and walk way around it. They are actually more of afraid of you!

Nice, pretty, easily accessible trail. Great weather when I went, so there were lots of dogs, hikers and mtn bikers were on the trail.

Great views. The trail is a bit rough at some points. Easy to slip on large loose rocks

Definitely a good amount of exercise on the way up but it was well rewarded with beautiful views at the numerous pit stops. I highly recommend giving this trail a try. be sure to pack plenty of water.

Amazing views!

We started from inspiration point and hiked all the way to vollmer peak via seaview trail.. about 3 miles one way.. We reached around 9 am there were lot of vacant spaces In the parking lot.. There is also a restroom near the parking lot at inspiration point.. Amazing views of San Pablo reservoir , Golden Gate Bridge and the city.. Nice elevation and great workout.

If you go clockwise, your climb will be a bit steep to the top, however the descent will be more gradual and pleasant, so if you have knee issues I would suggest to go clockwise. If you prefer a steady ascent but a steeper descent then counterclockwise is recommended.

Amazing views!

Stunning views

Great views if the bay area on a clear day.

Great views!

Beautiful views on clear days!!

Great even on a cloudy day

Came across 4 friendly dogs looking to be petted.

This is one of the best views in all of the Bay area. 360 degree view, from down to the peninsula out to the Golden gate and Bay side, Mount Tam and Marin and over to the delta into the valley East Bay towards Mt. Diablo and beyond. On a clear day you can see forever in all directions. The walk I do is from Inspiration point in Wildcat to Vollmer Peak and takes a minimum of 3 hours.

Rocky, very steep in parts. Great views!

Awesome trail run, a little rocky, moderately challenging, but absolutely beautiful views on a clear-skied morning. It is perfect for a sunrise hike. We saw a couple deer and only one other person on the trail so early in the morning. Not very shaded if you go on a hot day, but the eucalyptus trees Are plentiful along the trail.

So gorgeous! Get ready for a lot of hills with loose rocks.

Yaaaaaaaaaaas