Schabarum, Purple Sage, and Powder Canyon Loop Trail

Schabarum, Purple Sage, and Powder Canyon Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rowland Heights, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

good hiking trail for all level.

Nice views a lot of eucalyptus trees nice aroma hill with different trails

Good hike, easy to follow

Nice easy trail. Parking was 6$ CASH ONLY so I just found street parking and that was super convenient. Took my dog. Cool spot.

My 7 year old son and I embarked on this adventure on a whim. It was his first hike and he loved it so much, he begged me to come back sometime soon. The views were incredible, the fellow hikers were very friendly, and we were lucky enough to see a rattlesnake! That, plus being able to see our house from the top, was probably the highlight of the hike. What a wonderful experience, and we will definitely be back.

This hike was nice. Would be much nicer in the spring I'm sure. Everything was dry and dead. Lots of people even on a weekday early morning.

Weather was perfect for a hike today. Alot of wildlife to see. Trails are great, not too difficult. Good for uphill training. I would definitely come back and try different trails.

Great hike. The first 3rd is pretty much all incline and has a lot of bugs but once you get past that point it's easy. When you loop around the radio tower there's the option to take the blue dotted trail. It's steeper but can be worth it. My group chose to go the long way around and had to walk through some vegetation.

We had to end the hike a little early and didn't get to go out on the "tail" of the trail. This ended our hike at 4.2 miles, 804 ft, and took us 1.5 hrs.

Good workout & good view. I love the flowers! Will come back again to see the temple.

Great hike

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Love this hike

Sunday, March 12, 2017

I wish this hike was more clearly marked. Otherwise very fun hike that got this newbie pretty tired.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Great hike thru the park
Need to come back

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sunday, January 15, 2017

it got very muddy and slippery in the rain. gradual inclines, great workout. it has awesome view at the top.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

beautiful !!

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Good trails always finding something new. Gets pretty muddy during wet months.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Was a pleasant hike with nice views to the San Gabriel's

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Awesome trail!

Monday, November 14, 2016

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Good trail for running. Not too many uneven areas. Big plus, has a playground for my family to play while I'm running

Monday, September 05, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Nice trail, family friendly

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Convenient ,scenery rout for every age group

Monday, May 02, 2016

very good hike. good workout. kid friendly. we even seen snakes and deers and rabbits. would definitely do it again.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Amazing trails

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Great hike if you're looking for a good workout. Plenty of steep challenging hills, great views. Didn't see any wildlife which I was kind of bummed about. Make sure to take money for parking $6 and plenty of water.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Well used on the weekend but wide enough that you don't feel crowded. For free parking, find a spot on the south corner of Azusa and Colima or start at powder canyon and connect up with this trail. It's not quite as solitary as a mountain trail because the horseshoe shape trail goes around the park but it is still a great hike. Will definitely do it again.

Sunday, December 07, 2014

seen Deer and even a bob cat once. Beautiful place.