Schabarum Trail

Schabarum Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Walnut, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is part of the equestrian trails in the area. It is an relatively easy hike that goes back away from the streets and up towards the neighborhood on top of the hill. Compared to other trails in the area, this one is empty.

Easy trail with a great view at the top.

There are actually 3 trails

Very lovely trail. Very chill and peaceful. Nice view also.

Great trail with fantastic views! Would recommend for those wanting to do an easy to moderate hike, and is suitable for kids.

Great night hike

Want to see the skyline of Azusa mountains or Puente hills?

This is the trail for you.

It's a mix of natural landscape and suburban homes. There are tables on few locations to enjoy the view. Horses/dogs are allowed.

Great place to take your pup for a walk, there are complimentary poopy bags at the start.

I went during dusk when more of the wildlife becomes active. GO IN A GROUP! Saw a coyote in the dark forested area, do not recommend for the faint of heart.

Enjoy!

I didn't hit the elevation or miles as described. Only 3.4 miles and 987 ft elevation. It was a great hike, though. Walked up the switchback part of the trail. That was tough! Great views of Walnut and West Covina/Covina. Picnic benches in a few spots. Would be nice to have water fountains there. No restrooms.

Great hike! We saw bunnies and found the wrecked car. We went all the way to the peak area in the residential area, then turned around because it started to get dark, and we weren't sure where the end of the trail was. We took our kids (ages 3-17), and they were fine on this trail.

The only complaint I have is the parking. We parked at the park and had to walk down the street to the trailhead.

I was in town for work and did this trail. Pretty easy, hilly terrain that can be jogged. Half the trail is a well maintained red dirt path that weaves along gated communities with fantastic landscaping and great views of the mountains and wildflowers. The other half seems more "off road" with a sandy, rocky path.

nice trail

finally did this trail today. was pretty moderate hike. was so excited when we found the wrecked car. such a mystery can anyone please give me any history on this. would love to find out more.

Not much of a challenge.. great hike with kids..

Friday, February 24, 2017

Few people. Manicured trail.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I was hiking counterclockwise starting at the corner of Amar and Lemon. The trail started right next to Amar at level ground for a while,which make it a nice warm up for the hike. Once it make a left and start to go up hill, it give one a good workout until it reach the top. From there on, the road is well developed, more like a park then a hiking trail. Overall it is a great trail for those live in the area. But not worth a long drive to get here.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

trail head on gps does not have parking or anywhere to pull over, have to go around and find parking in residential area. A portion of this trail is right by the road and kinda by residential neighborhoods. look ahead on Google maps satellite to scout ahead (I regretfully didn't) to see if it's for you.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

I do this hike about once a week... It's one of my faves.. However I go through the tougher route.. Which almost comes out to 8 miles.. My Apple Watch says 7.68 and it calculated going up 89 flights of stairs.. I've seen coyotes but they r not harmful and or just didn't bother us.. Great hike overall

Monday, May 30, 2016

it was a beautiful scenery! lots of turns! i loved it..

Monday, May 23, 2016

It was really good. Saw many flowers, birds and even a baby rabbit. Good workout I would say