Scenic and Overlook Trails Loop

Scenic and Overlook Trails Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Great hike and the views are incredible. Definitely check the wind conditions before you drive out here. The wind was very strong while we hiked, which was okay for us adults but would have been too strong for kids.

views are spectacular

Huffed and puffed my way to the top, thought it was a bit steep but that could just be my age. A lot of people coming and going. The view from the top was beautiful, well worth the huffing and puffing.

Really gently climb to a beautiful overlook of the Pacific. Not only is it suitable for beginners, it's suitable for babies! I hiked the whole thing with a sleeping 6 month old strapped to my chest. If you'd like to take a glance at what you're in for, take a virtual hike on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=IHJAlY-d9LI

This was a fun, relaxing little hike which culminates in a stunning view of the coast line. The incline might be a bit steep for those with limited mobility.

Absolutely stunning location definitely go here and watch the sunset.

I absolutely loved this hike. The incline wasn't too hard, and there were incredible views of Sycamore Cove Beach, PCH, and the Pacific Ocean on the Scenic Trail. There is also a little ridge trail you can go on to for an even better view! I highly recommend it. The Overlook Trail was also very nice and had great views of Sycamore Canyon.

Good incline and awesome views of Pch

This is another excellent beginner type trail with easy accessibility. If you run the loop starting with "scenic trail", the most difficult portion will be the first couple hundred yards. The overlook is pretty nice and is just northwest of the giant sandhill dune thing that people like to climb. Once you take in the sights, its a simple downhill trek back to the car or another trail. I suggest running "overlook trail" to second intersection rather than that first one depicted on the map. You will gain a few hundred more feet. At that second intersection, go just down the hill and back to the fire road at the bottom. It makes the trail a bit more "entertaining" with out being too difficult, even for a beginner.

I will go 4 stars on this one. Sadly, aside from the overlook, there isn't a lot to see here. This whole area was burned a few years back and plants/wildlife are slowly returning but far from 100%. But its easy to get to and its a fun fairly easy trail for the beginner. If you are experienced, just turn up your speed and/or extend your distance.

This was a beautiful hike. It was on the easy side, with very minimal rough terrain. Towards the end you had the option to take a steeper route to an overlook point or an easier route to a lower overlook point. Having our three year old with us, my husband and I chose the easier of the two options. It did not disappoint with its breathtaking views.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Great hike over all....a little bit of overcast ☁ ☁ ☁

Saturday, January 07, 2017

One of my favorites! I take all of my friends and family who are visiting me in LA here for their first hike. It's a quick and easy trail with stunning views of the ocean. I highly recommend it! Can be a little tricky to find the trail head though... you'll need to venture through the camp ground after parking to reach a dirt road open to bikers and hikers. The trail itself begins not far from this entrance and cuts to the left off the dirt road.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Quick morning hike that was easy and great for kids! Huge plus was an ocean view! Just pay attention to mountain bikers

Monday, June 20, 2016

Awesome trail! You really can make this hike as long as you want by connecting to sycamore canyon trail and overlook trail, but if you stick to the scenic trail you will have AMAZING ocean views. This was everything I was looking for in a trail. I wanted short, not too hard, and beautiful for a quick stop to break up a long drive down to San Diego. I will certainly be back here!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

So beautiful from start to finish!