Saratoga Gap Long Ridge Loop Trail

Saratoga Gap Long Ridge Loop Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Gatos, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Staging area available at the intersection of Skyline Blvd and Big Basin Way

We had a wonderful 8 1/4 mile hike through the beautiful redwoods. everything seem pristine nature was beautiful the only problem we encountered was when we got to a running stream there was a warning notice of a high level of lead in the water other than that everything was great.

A correction - this trail is NOT a part of the Sanborn Skyline County Park as stated on AllTrails. It probably connects to the park, but is in fact inside the Saratoga Gap Open Space Preserve, which is maintained by MidPen.
Dogs are NOT allowed on this trail.

I loved this trail. Great views, still some water down the creek at this time of the year. Not to hard and some great low technical single track.

A+ trail run. A little bit of everything - up and down, woody single track, exposed vista, great views, running water, light rock scrambling.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Amazing views, very clear trail and footing easy for running shoes. Challenging 3-4 hour hike!

Monday, May 09, 2016

Very private with nice views. I saw many deer and heard many wild turkeys. Very peaceful.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

This was a little more than easy. My daughter and I at 80 had only one area where it was a little narrow. Other than that it was a good hike.

Saturday, December 06, 2014

This is a very nice area for trail running. Ran a 10 mile loop starting from the Grizzly Flat parking area. Thru Saratoga Gap, down Charcoal Rd, then back up Grizzly Flat trail. Saw very few people on the trail, so bring a friend to be safe. Nicely shaded along single track and fire roads. Some decent elevation change so this is a good workout.

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Great one for medium and experienced mtb riders. Coming back for sure.

Monday, April 21, 2014

First timer ! and I love it

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Awesome park one of my favs, and close too home for mountain biking, youll get ur workout.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

These trails are by far the most fun out of all the other OSPs in the vicinity. Saratoga Gap, when starting from the southern parking lot, starts of with a descent on some switchbacks with some great technical sections that will test your bike skills. They consist of rock gardens and root stairs, going down it is fairly fun, but definitely don't bring a beginner here. The remainder of the Saratoga Gap section is single track and it's rolling hills with some moderate technical sections here and there. At the end of the trail you will hit a junction with a few signs but none of which tells you were to get to Long Ridge. I mistakenly took Table Top and it was fun and technical going down until I realized 1 mile in that I was going down the wrong trail, riding back up is not too exciting. Hoping over to Long Ridge, it was mostly fire roads until you meet the Long Ridge loop at the northern end, and that's when there are this fun single tracks. You basically ride back the way you came and remember the technical part at the beginning at Saratoga Gap? Well it comes back to haunt you when you try to climb back up it after you have exhausted all your energy.

Great trails and I would say Saratoga Gap is more of a Black Diamond then a Moderate Blue.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Can get technical with all the rocks but is a great an mostly tree covered place.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

This is a nice trail especially when it's misty and foggy, went a little late so I couldn't enjoy the whole trail, was getting dark and it was my first time and alone and I didn't have a helmet which is posted everywhere that they are required

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Best hiking I've found that is so close. Trail handles rain well, ie not too much mud.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

loved the Saratoga gap trail! Park near shooting range so you do hear gun fire the whole time. Great rock formations. Castle rock is very very easy to get to. The rest is a hike, but worth every step.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

I was there a few days ago and the bugs were horrible! Little black flies buzzing all around my head nearly drove me insane. I hoped a breeze would keep them away when I got up a little higher. It was a bit better but the sun and heat of the day forced us down into the shade and bugs again. I'm new to Cali but this reminded me of Maine's black flies. They were not biting, thank heavens. I love this trail but will wait for cooler weather to hike it again.

Sunday, February 07, 2016

2/6/15: Nice trail, a bit confusing. It was more challenging coming back. Beautiful scenery.