Sapphire Falls Trail [CLOSED]

Sapphire Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

closed

Sapphire Falls is currently closed, through April 2017.

I definitely miss this trail I really hope they reopen it with a cleaner image, it was definitely one of Rancho's hidden gems.

Sapphire Falls is closed until April 2019. Here is the link with the details:

This is one of my favorite hikes. I would not rate it as easy. Each time I hiked it, I went home sore. Good workout. :)

Really fun trail! I suggest you pack light and leave electronics in the car though . You do have to get in the water and swim up to climb the mini waterfall to continue the trail. Not sure if they’re open yet though.

Are the falls open yet I've been dying to go!!!

How do you go when it’s closed , is there security/cops that’s there watching?

It is a difficult and unmaintained service road.

This was a great hike! There was hardly any trash but unfortunately there is some graffiti. There is a pretty big incline so depending on your fitness level this could take a little while. My group made it to the creek crossing in an hour and from there we headed up the river to do some exploring. We didn't see the falls as we were afraid of being cited. We saw a camera or sensor up there that may be used to enforce the rule? Parking is $20 so we were just dropped off to avoid this cost. Overall a great hike that was fun and short! I really hope they open up access to the falls soon!!

Rock climbing wall. Rope climbing through waterfalls. Swimming. Greenery everywhere. Awesome hike.

I loved this hike, it was easy and had some really cool abandoned structures and cars that made the trip to the waterfall fun. I think it closed mostly due to the amount of people that died up there, either by falling or drowning. For years I wondered when they were going to close it, because it was scary watching people climb the waterfall in shorts and flip flops, with clearly no climbing experience, and often times after drinking beers they brought in an ice chest. I don't know how many of the deaths involved this kind of behavior, because it could happen to any of us, but it was obvious that it was a dangerous place that was easily accessible to a lot of people.

Closed due to fires, grafittit, vandalism. Falls only accessible if you are with the clean up crew or you will be cited for trespassing. Legal trail (STEEP) will get you close enough to hear the water. Park below Almond anywhere permit is not required

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The trail is very beautiful and is so much fun unfortunately they closed it because a lot of people were tagging on the rocks and leaving trash everywhere

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Why was it closed ?

Friday, June 30, 2017

Not open ands no parking

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Is this trail open again yet??

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

to bad youll get a ticket if you go here

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Maybe they can take the time during the closure to clean all the graffiti...

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Amazing hike. I'm sad they closed it. I hope the city reopens it in the future. Not surprised they closed it seeing how much disrespectful little shits left garbage and graffiti all over this place. If they open again, I hope they charge a parking fee or something to keep those disrespectful pieces of shit out of here. Such a unique hike.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fun trail. Was pretty cool you could climb up the side of the waterfall. Sucks it's closed.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

is this trail really still closed?

Friday, August 05, 2016

I love this place. Definitely one of my favorites and the falls are amazing.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

The hike was great, although we didn't reach the falls. The map was a little deceiving. But definitely going again to find the falls.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Moderate hike. Steep trial

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Great!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

I have been reading up on different reviews for this hike. Where do you park, where you will not get towed or receive a ticket? Some people have said they have had problems with this and with local residents, I am wondering how to avoid issues.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Good times still go even tho it's closed its much better now, not so many slow wondering adults. definitely more beautiful now :)

Saturday, April 02, 2016

sad they closed this trail down it was a beautiful place to hike, to many stupid ignorant kids ruined it for people this tail had little caves and water it was a great hike

Monday, December 28, 2015

Pretty waterfall and cool that you can hike up it, but I felt like this hike was more saddening then soothing... so much graffiti and litter. I'm not surprised they closed it down.

Monday, November 30, 2015

shame they closed it down.
this was one of my favorite place for hiking.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I live right next to the mountain. this place will never be closed to me I have plenty of money don't care about fines or cops I still go there about once every week. so ha bitchs.. plus they would never give you the tickit unless your car is there ....duh if your car is not there they don't think you are either ..for the people that cant be stoped please take your trash with you ..

Sunday, September 06, 2015