Sapphire Falls Trail [CLOSED]

Sapphire Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

closed

Sapphire Falls is currently closed, through April 2017.

One of my favorite trails. Beautiful scenery. Amazing waterfall. This is a really unique place for many reasons with lots of character to it. Can be a challenging hike for some people as it does have some steep inclines, depending on what way you take in. I've gone into this hike the illegal way (via the wash) and the legal way (via Big Tree Road). The first way I ended up getting a ticket from the forestry services for $100 ( I didn't know it was closed at the time and I stumbled upon this area by accident). The legal into this hike is definitely more challenging as it is very steep most of the way into the canyon. It's ashamed this place is still closed, those of us who really enjoy hiking at this place should definitely raise our voices to the City of Rancho Cucamonga to reopen this place for recreation again. It's been closed far to long, especially when the so called reasons for it's closure are also prevalent at other trails and yet those other trails are still open to the public, so why close Saphire Falls over the other trails then?

Maybe they can take the time during the closure to clean all the graffiti...

geocaching

Amazing hike. I'm sad they closed it. I hope the city reopens it in the future. Not surprised they closed it seeing how much disrespectful little shits left garbage and graffiti all over this place. If they open again, I hope they charge a parking fee or something to keep those disrespectful pieces of shit out of here. Such a unique hike.

Fun trail. Was pretty cool you could climb up the side of the waterfall. Sucks it's closed.

is this trail really still closed?

I love this place. Definitely one of my favorites and the falls are amazing.

The hike was great, although we didn't reach the falls. The map was a little deceiving. But definitely going again to find the falls.

Moderate hike. Steep trial

Great!

I have been reading up on different reviews for this hike. Where do you park, where you will not get towed or receive a ticket? Some people have said they have had problems with this and with local residents, I am wondering how to avoid issues.

Good times still go even tho it's closed its much better now, not so many slow wondering adults. definitely more beautiful now :)

sad they closed this trail down it was a beautiful place to hike, to many stupid ignorant kids ruined it for people this tail had little caves and water it was a great hike

Pretty waterfall and cool that you can hike up it, but I felt like this hike was more saddening then soothing... so much graffiti and litter. I'm not surprised they closed it down.

shame they closed it down.
this was one of my favorite place for hiking.

I live right next to the mountain. this place will never be closed to me I have plenty of money don't care about fines or cops I still go there about once every week. so ha bitchs.. plus they would never give you the tickit unless your car is there ....duh if your car is not there they don't think you are either ..for the people that cant be stoped please take your trash with you ..