Santiago Oaks Trail

Santiago Oaks Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love Santiago oaks park and come here often. It was fairly crowded today, but there are so many different trails I was still able to "get away from it all". As always keep an eye out for downhill mountain bikers. I know I have right of way over the bikers, but I always move over for them particularly if they are coming downhill. Santiago Creek is running well right now which adds to the beauty of this hike. I also love that dogs are allowed in this park. My three dachshunds love it here. This is a true hidden gem in urban Orange County.

A multitude of variety. There are so many different trails you can explore, keeping it feeling fresh and new each time you go. Running Mountain Goat trail was challenging and fun with a huge payoff at the top with a view of the OC basin and the ocean. Both sides of the Canyon offer views and some challenging uphill sections. Also a wide variety of terrain and difficulty to choose from.

This park is beautiful with so many amazing trails from which to choose. i thoroughly enjoyed this park! My dog small dog seemed to enjoy the park as well.