Santiago Oaks Trail

Santiago Oaks Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I went with two friends and we loved how we felt so far away from everything and everyone. It was absolutely peaceful and beautiful. We saw three deers playing and running around.
The hills made the walk more of a hike which I enjoyed!

the view was pretty but there is way too much horse poo along the whole trail. It was hard to enjoy the views when I was dodging all the poo.

It was one of the best hikes I've been on. It has a variety of trails for all levels of intensity.

Perfect for that after breakfast hike. A quick hour hike. Nice views.

Good

The place have a good variety of different routes and trails, but trails were a bit dirty with horse poop everywhere and lots of bugs, so don't forget your bug spray!

I loved it.
My dogs love it. It was all beautiful.

I love Santiago oaks park and come here often. It was fairly crowded today, but there are so many different trails I was still able to "get away from it all". As always keep an eye out for downhill mountain bikers. I know I have right of way over the bikers, but I always move over for them particularly if they are coming downhill. Santiago Creek is running well right now which adds to the beauty of this hike. I also love that dogs are allowed in this park. My three dachshunds love it here. This is a true hidden gem in urban Orange County.

A multitude of variety. There are so many different trails you can explore, keeping it feeling fresh and new each time you go. Running Mountain Goat trail was challenging and fun with a huge payoff at the top with a view of the OC basin and the ocean. Both sides of the Canyon offer views and some challenging uphill sections. Also a wide variety of terrain and difficulty to choose from.

This park is beautiful with so many amazing trails from which to choose. i thoroughly enjoyed this park! My dog small dog seemed to enjoy the park as well.

This was a great hike! I went with my older sister and we worked up a small sweat. Park at the houses down the street from the hike.

Great hike!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Parking fee is $5.00, the hike is easy and once you reach the top there are such amazing views. Left me wishing it was longer. Worth the fee for those views alone.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

This rating is for the whole park. There are over 20 different trails ranging from easy to difficult. I recommend the mountain goat trail for a challenge.

Monday, June 20, 2016

loved this trail. not to busy with several different options.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

A getaway for a quick hike that can be done in an hour.

Saturday, March 05, 2016

First time at Santiago Oaks Regional Park. Went up Peralta trail and came down Grasshopper trail. Not sure how many miles, but seemed about 2 maybe 3 total. Peralta trail is pretty steep and so is Grasshopper trail ..definitely a good workout and beautiful scenery! When you arrive parking is $5 on weekends $3 on weekdays and you can ask for park map of all the trails when you pay for parking. There are so many different routes/trails to take and it can get confusing. Overall It was a great first time experience and will definitely go back!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Good diversity in terrain and difficulty. The trails are maintained very well and nice restrooms.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Nice trails, great for training. A little confusing as the paper maps are too large of scale. It's difficult to read the parts close in where all the trails are constantly intersecting.