Santiago Creek Trail Loop

Santiago Creek Trail Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great view of DTLA And Catalina on a clear day

I loved it. I love the challenges and the options that the trails had to offer and the abundance of wildlife I even got to see a bobcat

Sweet and simple trail. Not much shade so bring water and sun protection!

Great trail, get there early 5:30am or 6am for great weather.

child friendly hike.

Side note you have to pay for parking here.
First time hiking here and there are a lot of different trails here. It was late in the day so I did a quick loop. I'll need to come back to do some exploring. The people at the gate will hand you a map of all the trails I suggest you bring that with you on the hike. Also this is a really family friendly hiking area too.

Good for seeing wildlife and the old historic dam. Mostly easy tho moderate but great local stuff for getting out in nature.

Quick and easy. Nice trails. Horses, bikers, hikers, runners, kids and dogs a plenty... Green and a ton of flowers everywhere. We'll be back.

Our first trail find using this app. We're new at this whole hiking thing so we were baby-stepping like Bob. We know we have to get better at reading trail maps cuz we were constantly confused as to which fork in the road we should take. Leaving breadcrumbs is not an option. Some nice flowers along the way. Dodging old hoof prints was our main concern. Lots of mountain bikers. Never too steep. Nice water area which was a good photo op. So far, so good...

Beautiful hike. Its definitely not easy maybe moderate. There are many different trails you can take. Fun! will return and master it.

Great place for a hike, walk somewhere just to be way from the hassle.

This trail was amazing! but I would definitely not call it easy...

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Did an awesome 7 mike hike. We did a big loop up toward Anaheim Hills along the ridge and hiked down into Irvine Regional Park. it was difficult to find the trail to cross the creek. The map they gave us didn't show the area south west of the park. but we made it to the Dam and back into Santiago park. So many. areas to explore -I want to go back asap.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

It's a pretty nice place. There are many many different routes to take on this trail but the only issue is it can get super super hot once you get up to the mountains. If you stay down low & hike at the bottom there's some shade but if you want to take the long routes be prepared for heat! Bring lots of water & maybe something to fan yourself with because once you get to the mountains there will be no shade if you're going up high.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

The family and I are always looking for new hiking places. When we read it was a dog friendly park, we decided to bring our pup along. It was an easy enough hike for my eight year old. The trails were well marked and the choices were endless. We found the pond everyone was talking about. The downside was all the black bugs and all the horse droppings. Definitely watch your step. Other than that wonderful hike.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

This park is my absolute favorite park to hike in. It is also great because you can take your dog with you. Love it!!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Good for exercising. Some of the hills are pretty steep and it's a good work out. This was my first time at this park and I personally don't care for it/wouldn't go back because I don't like to see homes and power lines when I hike. There are many areas throughout the hike that you see nothing but nature and it's beautiful, but then you turn a corner and hear the buzzing of the towers because they're so close.

The map was screwed up for my hike. I would be on the right trail but it would be outlining my route completely off the trail and then eventually go back in line, but this made it sort of tough to just follow the map. I kept thinking I was on the wrong trail and would turn around..

Saturday, March 26, 2016

One of my local faves. Variety of trails makes for many combinations of different trail runs. Seems like too many trails for a newbie but once your familiar with it you realize there's always something new to keep your run fresh. The lower, easy trails have a lot of coverage. The harder trails are all out in the open which is the only drawback. Some of the moderate trails have portions that should be labeled hard and vice versa, e.g. Peralta Hills trail should be hard and Oak Trail moderate. Parking can be tough on weekends when they rent out the facilities for weddings and other events. $3weekdays/$5weekends

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It was a lovely hike. Weekend entrance fee is $5. Otherwise lovely hike!

Monday, February 22, 2016

It was my first time every hiking here I absolutely loved it! There are so many awesome trails to hike, I look forward to coming back here again soon :)