Santa Ynez Canyon To Topanga Fire Road

Santa Ynez Canyon To Topanga Fire Road is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 895 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

Topanga State Park: (310) 455-2465

trail is overgrown, wear pants and long sleeve! poison oak!! the "waterfall" is more like a leaky faucet. not worth it. you have to climb over a few rocks, be very careful. I fell on this trail twice and now have bruises all over my legs. I do not recommend this trail. plus parking cost $10

It’s a good hike with ample tree cover first 1/4 of hike but currently (May 2019) overgrown shrubs everywhere, poison oak, and the creek is flowing with many areas needed to rock “skip” in order to continue on trail. A few times I got nervous I’d slip on rocks and or get wet but I did fine. Views are beautiful, as always in these areas.

A bit overgrown but nothing too bad. You have to climb some rocks to get to the waterfall buts it's a nice little one to go and see.

we completed this trail a week ago. it's a little overgrown in some parts. wear pants and long sleeves. the trail is shaded and beautiful. lots of steam crossings. a lot of people but they were mostly pleasant. when you cross the stream, sometimes the trail is hard to pick out. saw a rattle snake but mostly just squirrels and birds. we would definitely return.

Sun Sep 24 2017

Gruesome. Super overgrown and pathway covered in green slime over concrete. No way I was going to walk that. Looked like something from an abandoned city. I turned right around and went to another trail.

Sat Jan 07 2017

We started off in Topanga and headed down to Pacific Palisades through this trail. If you start up in Topanga at Trippet Ranch, the hike is easy, downhill, and very relaxing. We've never tried going up but it seems like it would be quite the workout. As you head down, you're faced with beautiful views from mountain to ocean. A great trail, and a prefect shortcut when you'd rather walk and avoid PCH!

Mon May 14 2018